Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I tried to get a good picture, but this was the best I could find...

I don't know if it's possible to get just a certain parts of the dash, but I need the manual circular knobs as well the buttons that have A/C, Circulate Air, and Rear Defrost on them. I'm going to assume that the price of the dash is going to be damn expensive.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The knobs you can get by themselves, the buttons you have to get the whole control assembly to get. And I'll need a VIN. I know, you don't have an 06. I'll see if I can get one off our lot.

·
Registered
863 Posts
also keep in mind if you arent going to do the whole new center stack (if its even possible) im 99 percent certain the knobs on the 06 are significantly smaller than those on earlier years, so the hole the knob fits in will be to big for the knob.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I appreciate your help!

I need the knobs and buttons because I'm going to be painting these pieces yellow:

It doesn't matter if the knobs or buttons are bigger or smaller, I'll make them work even though I finished both of the pieces. I just didn't want to put in all this effort and be left with gray A/C buttons and gray knobs/circle plastic.... looks half-assed and that takes away from all the work I put in. The black buttons/circles would add a nice contrast to the yellow and continue my theme.

·
Registered
863 Posts
well ignore what i said. now that i see what you are doing, i see you meant the AC knobs. i was under the impression you wanted to radio volume and tune knobs. the AC stuff should be interchangeable.

i like what you are doing. do you have leather with the seat heaters? it would be kinda cool to relocate those switches to maybe either side of the recirc. ac, and rear defrost buttons. atleast i think it would be cooler than where they are hidden. no one realizes they are even there.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have seat heaters unforunately, (and it would be somewhat hard to move them there because the circuit board for the A/C fills up the whole rear of that curve) however I'm doing a lot more work than what you just saw.

That's only scratching the surface ;)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They don't cover what I need. I think I'm going to need to head over to a junkyard and get the piece from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts