Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my issue-
I want to make my sound better, but want to do it in steps.
I don't play the system that loud, but I think it needs improvement.
I dynamat'd the trunk, but it didn't "clean up" the sound enough,
Where do I go now?
If I replace the speakers, will that help?
Should I do the AMP first? If so, do I buy a 4 channel? What about the Bose Sub?
HELP!!!
JP

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
So here's my issue-
I want to make my sound better, but want to do it in steps.
I don't play the system that loud, but I think it needs improvement.
I dynamat'd the trunk, but it didn't "clean up" the sound enough,
Where do I go now?
If I replace the speakers, will that help?
Should I do the AMP first? If so, do I buy a 4 channel? What about the Bose Sub?
HELP!!!
JP
[/b]
Start with the sub. The stock unit is garbage. There are many posts here that will give the blow by blow. How you upgrade the sub depends on the level of upgrades you want to do in the future. With the bose system it is important to replace the door speakers and amp at the same time. The sub is powered seperately. The stock door speakers and amp are engineered to work together, unusal eq and crappy speaker design, so replacing one or the other usually results in worse sound.
So if you plan to upgrade the whole system eventually I would go with a sub (or two depending on your tastes) in a sealed enclosure in the trunk with a nice mono amp with electronic crossover and a sub level control.
If you just want to round out the system with deeper, harder bass then and an all in one sub/amp/crossover like infinity's bass link or the like. This is a more simplified install and can be removed and replaced relatively easily.
Either way tap the outputs of the stock system under the passenger seat where a stronger signal exists and run a dedicated power wire from the battery up the drivers side of the car.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts