Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the sticky about transmission coolers for the 6. I was wondering if the new 5spd ATX would have the same problems?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Probably not. The problem was with the Jatco transmission (only found on the 2003-2004 6s 6cyl). A tranny cooler won't hurt, but on your car might not help much either

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thats what i was wondering. I knew it was mainly for the 6s, but since the thread on the coolers had instructions for the 6i also, i began to get worried.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i understand that. But are these new 5spd ATXs getting as hot as the 4spd ones were? I have tried searching and cant really find any information on it.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
a cooler will always be benificial to an automatic transmission. just to what degree can be debated. as when fluid get excessive heat in it, it breaks down. and the more heat you can extract from it, the longer it will last. i do not think the newer tranny is prone to the issues that our beloved jatco has, but it would be benificial none the less. ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It was a night and day diffrence for my 4 speed atx, and a year later the fluid is still a healthy red. For about $50 what do you have to loose?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't think there have been any particular reports of problems in regards to heat, just in regards to using the Manual mode all the time.
[/b]
- Back from the dead...

Quick question Crossbow, What did you mean about a report of problems w/ using Manual mode w/ the new 5spd ATX?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
skatingzooyork
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing