Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm currently searching for a 2006 or 2007 blue Mazda6 S Grand Touring, and I'm trying to figure out a few things... Please answer whatever questions you can help me with. Thanks.

1) What are the feature differences between the fully-loaded 2005 S hatchback and the 2006 S GT?

2) For 2006-2007 models, which ones come with integrated fog lamps and which have them on the lower part of the front bumper?

3) If I were to get a Touring, is the wiring harness the same as the Grand Touring, i.e. can I still add the lower fogs later?

4) Is there a different wiring harness for the '06-'07 GTs, or can you add a factory HID capability to a Touring model?

5) Are any of the models iPod-ready, and if so which ones? Do you have to do a modification to get it to work, or can you just add an auxilary cable to the back of the unit?

6) Are any of the models bluetooth-ready?

7) Was 2006 the first year the GT's came with 18" wheels as opposed to 17"?

8) Is it possible to convert the interior lighting to blue? I figure the main part of the dash shouldn't be too hard, but has anyone been able to do the door switches and the lights on the steering wheel controls?

Other questions:

1) Where did you guys (for those of you who bought one) get your Seibon CF hoods?

2) Can you get smoked parking light covers, or are they only sold in clear?

3) What would you recommend for the best quality bulb available in H1s and H3s that has a brilliant blue tint? I thought the PIAA Spark Blues would do it for me, but they're not nearly as blue as I thought they'd be, and I see people all the time with brilliant blue headlamps, namely in Scion TCs, and I want to know what they are.

Thanks in advance guys. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
-Halo

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Since you asked politely, I'll try to answer the ones I can. However, like I said, a lot of the basic information about models and options can be found on mazda's website at mazdausa.com. For the aftermarket stuff, just use that little "search" button at the upper righthand corner and put in some effort to search for the answers before asking a lot of these basic questions.

2) For 2006-2007 models, which ones come with integrated fog lamps and which have them on the lower part of the front bumper?

All 2006-2007 models have the fog lamps on the lower part of the front bumper.

3) If I were to get a Touring, is the wiring harness the same as the Grand Touring, i.e. can I still add the lower fogs later?

Yes.

4) Is there a different wiring harness for the '06-'07 GTs, or can you add a factory HID capability to a Touring model?

If you want to add HID to any of the models/years, just get an aftermarket HID kit and it will have the wiring already for you ready to go. IIRC, they are the same.

5) Are any of the models iPod-ready, and if so which ones? Do you have to do a modification to get it to work, or can you just add an auxilary cable to the back of the unit?

You can buy the ipod auxmod from therpmstore.com

6) Are any of the models bluetooth-ready?

Not that I know of or heard of. You will need to get an aftermarket headunit that is bluetooth ready.

8) Is it possible to convert the interior lighting to blue? I figure the main part of the dash shouldn't be too hard, but has anyone been able to do the door switches and the lights on the steering wheel controls?

Anything is possible. The main part of the dash is a bitch, and so are the door switches and the lights on the steering wheel. If you are fairly experiences with electricity and lighting, I say go for it. It's definitely not a novice project.

Other questions:

2) Can you get smoked parking light covers, or are they only sold in clear?

Smoked parking light covers? You are talking about the sidemarkers right? Go to therpmstore.com, they sell the smoked ones.

3) What would you recommend for the best quality bulb available in H1s and H3s that has a brilliant blue tint? I thought the PIAA Spark Blues would do it for me, but they're not nearly as blue as I thought they'd be, and I see people all the time with brilliant blue headlamps, namely in Scion TCs, and I want to know what they are.

Those are called HIDs, probably 8000k or higher color temperature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts