Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mazda 6 2005/2006 v6 (the title says 2005 but when replacing the brakes a while back it needed the brake pads from the 2006 model) that has had a check engine light for some time now. I spotted two disconnected wires a while back under the hood, I believe this to be the issue and would like to fix it.

The two wires come through on the driver side and appeared to share a plastic sleeve (removed in photos), the photos provided are with the battery and its tray removed and the wires in question are circled in red and pulled straight for clarity.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for a late response, had some trouble getting the codes off the car. I believe the wires to be leftover ground wires from the prev owners speaker system. The code the car is throwing is a p2189 System too lean at idle bank 2.
From what I've read the code seems to be because of an oxygen sensor or bad vacuum, in the process of checking the vacuum rn (listening for hissing and spraying carb fluid trick), and if that doesn't do it I'm going to replace the upstream o2 sensor on bank 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts