Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I call the dealership to set up a time to bring my car in for some warr. work. I have some real bad rattles in the front doors, got some vibes in the steeringwheel comming form the front brakes, the bose cd player will not play cds, and my blower is making some nosie when it's half way or higher.

Now I only have 20,000 miles on my car and I bought it brand new. The dealership is telling me that they have to charge me to look at the brakes and they will not look at the rattles. WTF??????? I was happy with mazda but now I'm rethinking at getting another one!!!!

Someone please give me something to fight with against this dealer, Thanks :swearin:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sounds like the dealer needs a reminder of the length of the warranty as far as rattles. Now, for the brake issues, it's common to have a customer agree to a possible charge if it is determined NOT to be a warranty issue, since after all the brakes are a wear and tear item.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Brakes are warr. only for a little while after the car is purchased. But with 20k miles on the car you may needm new pads and that ia probably what they will tell you. Brakes are in fact a disposable item. In fact whenever i ahve bought a mazda my dealer always points that ouit when going thru the warr. manual.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the whole brake warr. as in they will not replace them but all I want is for them to check it out so I do know what's wrong with the car.

Sounds like the dealer needs a reminder of the length of the warranty as far as rattles. Now, for the brake issues, it's common to have a customer agree to a possible charge if it is determined NOT to be a warranty issue, since after all the brakes are a wear and tear item.
[/b]

I forgot what the length of the warr on the rattles was? and if you could tell me where to find the info. thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had my car in and asked the dealer what the warranty coverage was if I wanted them to look into some rattles in the doors for me and was told 1 year or 12K miles. I'm well over a year and at 26K, so if someone knows different, that info would be appreciated...

·
Registered
30 Posts
i noticed some rattling in my door today. turned out to be the black tweeter/tweeter cover on the passenger side, it popped out a little and is very annoying and loud. maybe you have the same problem...just a thought

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
The Adjustment period is 12,000 miles or 1 year. Adjustment period covers everything.

After the adjustment period, wear items are not covered. Things not covered after 12k include...

shocks, bushings, clutches, brake pads, pcv valves, rotors, fluids, belts, hoses, lights, tires, wheels, windshield wipers, weather stripping, etc.

These items "can" possibly be covered under a warranty if there is a valid claim towards a problem, or you have a great dealership.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The Adjustment period is 12,000 miles or 1 year. Adjustment period covers everything.

After the adjustment period, wear items are not covered. Things not covered after 12k include...

shocks, bushings, clutches, brake pads, pcv valves, rotors, fluids, belts, hoses, lights, tires, wheels, windshield wipers, weather stripping, etc.

These items "can" possibly be covered under a warranty if there is a valid claim towards a problem, or you have a great dealership.
[/b]
That warranty must be for the older 6's. I have an 06 that came with a 48month/50,000 mile "Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, I guess I should feel lucky.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
That warranty must be for the older 6's. I have an 06 that came with a 48month/50,000 mile "Bumper-to-Bumper warranty, I guess I should feel lucky.
[/b]
Read the details (quoted below from Mazda USA site, bolded for emphasis). You will find wear items like those Crossbow listed are not included.

* Coverage for all 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 model year vehicles against defects in materials and workmanship for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
* "Bumper-to-bumper" coverage for every Mazda-supplied part, from the badge on the grille to the license plate light (except those components subject to normal wear and tear).

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I agree that rattles are typically covered only for a year/12k miles. But some dealers will cover them longer (mine did.)

I would think that rattles addressed in a TSB should be covered longer, but you would still have to get a dealer that will look at a rattle to see if it's covered. And then they have the right to charge you for their labor it takes to isolate the cause of the rattle if it's not the condition in the TSB. That makes it a catch 22.

Sucks, don't it?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
But some dealers will cover them longer (mine did.) [/b]
A good dealership knows how to word problems to have them covered under warranty. Many problems can and will be covered if the dealership is willing to go through the proper channels.

However those dealerships are relatively rare. Most dealerships see the "not covered under warranty" cha "ching" of higher labor rates, and go to town charging money for fixes.

Considering where some of those dash rattles come from, the amount of labor @ 90/hour really adds up.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
A good dealership knows how to word problems to have them covered under warranty. Many problems can and will be covered if the dealership is willing to go through the proper channels.

However those dealerships are relatively rare. Most dealerships see the "not covered under warranty" cha "ching" of higher labor rates, and go to town charging money for fixes.

Considering where some of those dash rattles come from, the amount of labor @ 90/hour really adds up.
[/b]
No labor rate differance between warranty work and work paid by customer! It all goes by "book" rate.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I always thought manufacturers paid a fixed labor rate for warranty work, and I know labor rates vary between dealerships.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i had a rattle in the dash and my dealer lubed the dash pins or whatever and the rattle hasn't come back yet. this was done at no charge to me and i have 17,300 miles on my car and it's a 2004 model year. try another dealer! sounds like they don't want to do the work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
Screaming6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing