Mazda 6 Forums banner

2005 Mazda 6 misfires

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DJ Raydiate 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Mazda6 that I bought for my daughters first car. It has 180,000 miles on it. When I got it it leaked oil very bad out of the cam seal where it exits the back of the head for the water pump pulley. I have replaced that seal and the valve cover seals and VVT Solenoid seals. When I did the plugs and valve cover seals, I noticed a significant amount of oil in the intake runners. I replaced the PCV valve hoping that was the cause of the oil but the car still misses a lot when you drive it. I am getting ready to take it apart again to try to solve the miss it has and was wondering if I should replace the coils. I figure if they are the originals they have well outlived their lifespan. I am also going to check for oil in the intake runners and probably change the PCV valve again.

Has anyone had similar issues with their car? Any issues with the coils? Or, any suggestions on what to do to solve the bad miss it has right now?

Thanks!
Jeff

#2 ·
If there was a way to show the most discussed topic on the Gen I V6 I believe it would be misfire/coil/plug.
So it is very very common, replace all coils and plugs and hope the issue is not the harness.

#4 ·
I had the same problem with the harness clips. I ended up using zip ties as I was too lazy to replace the clips (I even bought some but couldn't get myself to replace them. It was not my proudest moment, but it has solved the issue.

As stated above, replace the coil packs (all of them) and that should cure the issue.

#5 ·
I think 4 out of 6 of my clips are broken and I used the zip ties. I even put zips on the 2 non broken ones just so they would match and to make sure they don't break while I'm driving lol.

Reactions: waughoo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.