Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rally Racer
2,950 Posts
Hello, welcome to the forum. This is a very common problem with the v6 cars. If you have not replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs then I would HIGHLY recommend doing that. Allowing a mis-fire to persist will destroy the catalytic converters.
Original equipment replacements are as follows.
DENSO 673 6005 - Ignition Coils x6
Mazda AJTT-18-110 - Spark Plugs x6 (these will be Motorcraft AGSF 22FSCM) (must be platinum or better)

If you want to go with inexpensive then try STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS UF406T T-Series

Check the intake accordion tube for cracks between the pleated folds.

·
Rally Racer
2,950 Posts
These codes likely change the reason for the multiple misfire.
These are both O2 sensor codes for lean read.
If these sensors are not operating correctly the fuel mixture will be way off.
I would look at a communication error. Go through and check all your wiring harness connections. Make sure there are no wire breaks along the wire runs and that all the connectors are securely fastened.
The O2 sensors are designed to have a 100,000mi life span before they slow enough to make a difference in running.
I suppose it is possible they could both be bad but I find it less likely that they both have failed simultaneously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a list of what I've changed so far plugs, egr, pcv all four sensors. I did find few cracks in wire harness showing aluminum looking insulation coming from pig tails on a 2005 how many wires are supposed to be coming from pigtail 2 or 3

Attachments

·
Rally Racer
2,950 Posts
Here's a list of what I've changed so far plugs, egr, pcv all four sensors. I did find few cracks in wire harness showing aluminum looking insulation coming from pig tails on a 2005 how many wires are supposed to be coming from pigtail 2 or 3
I am guessing you replaced all 4 O2 sensors.

What "pigtail" am I looking at? What do those connect to?
Bare wire showing along any section of wire is bad news and could cause/contribute to any electrical complaint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts