Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m writing this post with a lot of confusion, and is in need of really good advice. I’m working on 2005 Mazda 6, and it’s having an overcharging issue.. fair enough. Battery light is on, and the first thing you think is Alternator, not charging or battery is bad and it won’t hold a charge. so naturally its an older car my father and brother replaced both battery and alternator. Boom! Fixed the car. So we thought... After awhile longer she kept having the battery light issue, I then took over and replaced the alternator and the battery again, the issue kept repeating, long story short I replaced serpentine belt, tensioners, idlers, ive even found corrosion on the pins in the fuse box, he’ll even opened the PCM to see any visual damage. And the DAMN BATTERY LIGHT IS STILL ON, and btw the Mazda Dealership wants $460 plus tax for the alternator. What could be the issue??

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Just an idea, might want to see if the grounds in the engine bay are not all corroded. Just thought of that when you said some of the fuses were.
Since the car is starting I’d think it wouldn’t be the problem but it’s a free check. Also make sure the fusible link isn’t blown. It would be located in the fuse box under the hood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts