Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, my 2005 mazda-6 3.0 v6 and i are deep in the yucatan peninsula and a local auto shop has put us out of commission. The car was running very rough so I brought it in to a small shop for a diagnosis. The shop owner said the catalytic converters failed, and he could remove them and reattach the exhaust system. So I said ok, had the repairs done, got the car back in worse shape than when I left it there. That was about $250.00 ago. Now he wants me to find him the O2 sensors, EGR valve, and 2 catalytic converters to put back in the car. I assume he is referring to the front and rear cat's. Are they identical? I found the Magnaflow 51004 on line, but I am not sure these are the correct ones to have installed. Shop owner says he cut the old ones out and cannot be re-attached. Whatever I get has to come from the states so I can't afford to bring in the wrong parts. Somewhere I read that there are 4 cat's. in this car, but I think these are the only two that can just be cut out. Can anyone help me?
desperate in mex,
tqp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car yes, chopper definitely no, dr. feelgood was a GREAT british pub band w/ Wilko Johnson, yea? remember?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will this car run properly with out the front and rear cats if i install new o2 sensors only and bypass the cats?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
It will as long as you have the O2 sensors, especially the upstream. Without them the ecu won't be able to set air/fuel ratios and it just won't run. You will get a check engine light anyway, but at least it will run.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts