Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2003 v6 and i'm trying to upgrade to the 2004 oil pan. I was just wondering if your oil pan comes with the gasket and also if i would need to replace the baffle as well?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The oil pan is the same..... so not sure why you're trying to upgrade. But to answer your questions, yes, it comes with the gasket. Normally the baffle is not replaced.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...i was told the 2004 comes with a rubber gasket as opposed to the paper one in my 2003. So i would rather upgrade than get another crappy paper gasket. If i'm making this harder than it has to be and can just replace my leaky paper one with a rubber one without changing the whole pan please let me know. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My catalog shows the gasket as being the same. Its possible that they updated it in 2004 to the rubber gasket, and back dated the catalog to show only the rubber gasket. However, you can get just a new gasket

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My catalog shows the gasket as being the same. Its possible that they updated it in 2004 to the rubber gasket, and back dated the catalog to show only the rubber gasket. However, you can get just a new gasket[/b]
sweet how long do you think it would take to get one to virginia beach?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Shipping time is about 4 days

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can i order this sweet rubber gasket from you or go through the website?

can i order this sweet rubber gasket from you or go through the website?[/b]
Just ordered it...thanks again!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Saw you ordered it through the website. I'm going to process your order today, and UPS will pick it up tomorrow. I'm going on vacation, and don't want your order sitting around in limbo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Sabrina i appreciate all the help, have fun on vacation

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Its been shipped. You can check your order status through the website to get the tracking number.

And thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts