Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the button in the glove box for..i mean i know what it does, but what is the purpose of that ?

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
Moved to keep the bashing down...

Say, you allow your younger brother to borrow the car, or give the car to a valet to park it. Giving them the valet key (the key that's covered in gray plastic instead of black) allows the use of only the door lock and the ignition, NOT the trunk or glove box. So you can lock up the trunk, activate the glove box switch, then lock the glove box, keeping your nosy brother or valet from access to your trunk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to keep the bashing down...

Say, you allow your younger brother to borrow the car, or give the car to a valet to park it. Giving them the valet key (the key that's covered in gray plastic instead of black) allows the use of only the door lock and the ignition, NOT the trunk or glove box. So you can lock up the trunk, activate the glove box switch, then lock the glove box, keeping your nosy brother or valet from access to your trunk.

yea i was thinking that as well.....because my sisters 2010 civic has that key for that, but the tihng is i bought this car used and it didnt come with that key, and well my regular black key opens up the glove box as well, so for me that serves no purpose because they can still unlock the glovebox with 1 key that i have....anyway just wondering, but doesnt my 04 not have a chip in the key?

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts