Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been hearing stuff on the new 2004 Forester - does anyone have any info on the rest of Subaru's lineup? I'd like to see what (if anything) they are going to do with the Legacy. Pricewise, the Legacy is a direct competitor with the '6.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: 2004 Subarus?

Hee hee, have I got you interested in that potential Legacy GT turbo? No hard info on the Legacy yet, unfortunately. Subaru has announced that the redesigned Legacy will make its debut this summer in Japan, just in time for the Japanese summer bonus season. There is some speculation that they'll also launch it in the US this summer. The cold weather testing of the turbo mule in Alaska seems to refute this however, as it is built on the current body. Some have now speculated that the turbo will be launched for one year on the current body, then the new body will be introduced next year (as was originally planned). The reasoning for this is that it will keep the Legacy in the news for two years. The redesigned Legacy is supposed to be somewhat larger than the current body. It is also supposed to be both stiffer and lighter, as well as having superior suspension geometry.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Replying to Topic '2004 Subarus?'

Originally posted by applejax

Oh, man - that new Legacy sounds great!  Get it over here!![/b]
Well, here it is:

Looks cool, right? It is said to be Subaru's RS4 competitor, and it has about 350 hp from a 3.0 Twinturbo 6-cilinder. Maybe Mazda should think about putting the 2.3 turbo from the MPS into the SportBreak, and give it around 300 hp or so.. Would be a very hot car I think :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No, doesn't look cool at all. In fact, it looks a lot like an
[ inavlid image ] error.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The twin-turbo H-6 rumor has been floating around for the last month or so. It's pretty far fetched at this point. The Legacy turbo receiving a version of the 2.5 liter single turbo is much more likely.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I think the legacy is pretty ugly. Why dont you guys go for the WRX? Are you specifically looking for a wagon kenoka?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by chindo

I think the legacy is pretty ugly.  Why dont you guys go for the WRX?  Are you specifically looking for a wagon kenoka?[/b]
WRX is too small.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Posted by Chindo:
I think the legacy is pretty ugly. Why dont you guys go for the WRX? Are you specifically looking for a wagon kenoka?[/b]
The WRX is on my list as well. I like that car a lot, but honestly would prefer a slightly higher level of refinement. I'm looking for a hatchback or wagon, preferably a hatchback. I like the flexibility and utility this offers too much to ever go back to a sedan.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

As for the Legacy being ugly; that's a matter of opinion. However I would be waiting for the redesigned Legacy anyway. This car be slightly wider, will have shorter overhangs, longer wheelbase, better rear legroom, and better suspension than the current model. It's even supposed to be lighter.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Originally posted by kenoka

As for the Legacy being ugly; that's a matter of opinion.  However I would be waiting for the redesigned Legacy anyway.  This car be slightly wider, will have shorter overhangs, longer wheelbase, better rear legroom, and better suspension than the current model.  It's even supposed to be lighter.  [/b]
That's exactly what Subaru needed to do.

I was going to post a thought on how Subaru can kick everyone's butt. It looked remarkably like that list...

·
Registered
112 Posts

I always wonder how Subaru is able to make such good mechanic (awl) and such ugly and lousy looks!

·
Registered
112 Posts

I always wonder how Subaru is able to make good mechanic (awd, hp) ans such ugly looking cars!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts