Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 Mazda6s 5dr Auto $2000 (PRICE DROPPED)

I am selling my 2004 Mazda6s (v6) with the 5speed automatic with tiptronic. Current mileage is just over 115,000 This car is also the 5dr (Hatchback model), which makes it extremely easy to fit large objects in and out of the car. Car is physically in great condition with only minor scratches, interior is also very well kept.

Car Specs:
3.0L V6
5Sp Auto w/ sport shift
Black Paint
Black Cloth Interior
Sunroof
Bose speakers and in-dash 6cd changer
Front and side airbags
(I have the full list of service records if anyone wants)

Modifications:
Transmission cooler
Inline Transmission filter (serviceable)
Magnaflow catback exhaust
CP-E Mafci intake (Intake pipe + A/F ratio chip)

The car has brand new rear rotors and pads and the front pads were just changed as well (<2000) miles

Unfortunately the engine is starting to burn oil (possibly) and is making a loud tapping noise. It is having misfires on cylinders 1 and 3 (due to oil consumption), and some cam retard code (P0012). I don't know what is going on nor do I have the time of money to fix it. This is why I am asking for $2000 obo. The car will start up but in its current state I wouldn't attempt to drive it until the issues are resolved. I am not sure whether the engine is failing or not.

It's a great car and I hope someone has some mechanical know how and heart to bring it back to full working potential. I can assure you it's a fast, fun and practical car that will be quite enjoyable to drive.
I also have a spare rim and brand new Falken tire for the car that I am including in the price. Great for having a full sized spare.

Only serious inquiries please. Please leave your name and number and a good time to reach you and I will set up a meeting. Title is in hand and is clean.

I will post pictures tomorrow night that are in compliance with the Mazda6club rules but feel free to pm me for a few photos.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP - Lowered Price

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump - Asking $1500 As-Is. In a few days im going to sell it to a junkyard. I will not be parting it out, dont have the time anymore. But hey $1500 for a parts car isisn't half bad

·
Registered
793 Posts
Trade it in somewhere. You should be able to get more from a dealer than a junkyard. I'll take some parts if you wanna do some quick removal.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLD!

Lucky for me I pick up my 2007 G35x Thursday :)

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx,

Some random person off Craigslist. The motor was pretty much shot (making all sorts of noises) and I cant justify spending 4k on a motor + 2k labor for a car valued at $5500.

The worst part is the loss of utility w/ the 5dr offered. Seriously, Mazda6 was the only car in America that looked like a sedan but had the cargo of a wagon. I loved it for it. That and the relatively great driving dynamics the car offered. In the end it just came down to a bit of bad luck. I will def consider mazda in the future, just a tad bitter at the moment...

Def will post pics. I almost grabbed a g35s sedan w/ auto, but being that the wife will be driving I think I need AWD. That and the sport chews through tires since they cant be rotated....

hopefully this year I dont embarrass myself as bad as last year. ~57% win record...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts