Mazda 6 Forums banner

2004 Mazda 6s

379 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DrFeelGood 
#1 ·
Hey all!! thanks for letting me be a part of your forum!! I have learned these forums are the best way to get info.

So here is my issue,
I bought my son a 2004 Mazda 6s with 124000 miles on it, car was great for the first month he drove it a lot on the interstate and city roads. The car started to over heat one day and he instantly pulled over and called me to let me know what was going on. He knows if the car overheats it could mess the engine up so he is scared to mess his car up. I replaced the thermostat when that happened and made sure to burp the system. After driving it for a few days it overheated again and the upper T blew. So i was able to fix that, i let the car idle in the driveway for 30 minutes and the temp gauge stayed at normal, then ran it with the rpms at 2500 for 5 mins, temp still at normal. Then revved the rpms to 3700 for 5mins and the gaughe started going up, turned the heat on high and temp started to fall. I'm lost as to what to do...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.