Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon 3.0 v6 blowing coolant out of the front center cylinder when I removed the spark plug to check for spark. I started with a bad alternator, had it replaced and took about 6 hours to do, then discovered a no spark problem which turned out to be a bad crank position sensor, replaced it and a weak coolant temp sensor and have good spark now, but the car still wouldn't start, so I pulled the front three spark plugs to see if I could tell if fuel was being delivered to those cylinders. Yes, I smell fuel strongly when I roll the engine over, but I also have coolant blowing out of the center cylinder. Yes I know this is bad, but how bad? I mean is it possible that it's just an intake gasket like on my old chevy truck? or on this Mazda is this going to be a head gasket or maybe even a crack in the head or engine? Anyone had this problem before ? Let me hear your thoughts please. Also, I can't seem to find anyone willing to do a head job on a Mazda in my area, so I'm kind of stuck now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't remember seeing anyway to get coolant into the intake, especially in only one hole. Hate to say it but it sounds like a teardown. Good thing is that you can do it in the engine bay. Bad thing is that you may end up wishing you'd pulled the engine after all the reaching and fiddling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Daknee_K, I was afraid this is what I would find out. So, wanna come to West Michigan and tear down a Mazda? lol :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts