Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6 wagon, and I was wondering what the compatibility from other 6 models are?

The outer lense is a single circle, separated into the brake / tail light, and the turn signal. The lift gate lenses i would change as well, but more to match the outer.

I wanted to change them over to the newer style, clear lense, black back, dedicated amber turn signal.

Does anyone know if the assembly from a standard sedan will work on the wagon?

Or does it have to be from a hatchback, or wagon?

The attached pictures. The red car has the tail lights my wagon has. The silver is the type I want to change out too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Unfortunately, the tails between the sedan/5-door and the wagon are not interchangeable.

You have a couple of options if you want to "black out" the surrounding glass. One is to find a set of wagon tails from a '06-'08 (which will swap out with your current tails without issue). That's exactly what I did with my sedan. Your other option is to paint them yourself with some type of tint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the tails between the sedan/5-door and the wagon are not interchangeable.

You have a couple of options if you want to "black out" the surrounding glass. One is to find a set of wagon tails from a '06-'08 (which will swap out with your current tails without issue). That's exactly what I did with my sedan. Your other option is to paint them yourself with some type of tint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Thank you. That's why I asked, I didn't want to get the regular lights, only for them not to fit.

Did you order yours online? Most of the sites I've found don't really have the sub models for filtering (sedan, hatchback & wagon)

·
Administrator
8,396 Posts
Thank you. That's why I asked, I didn't want to get the regular lights, only for them not to fit.

Did you order yours online? Most of the sites I've found don't really have the sub models for filtering (sedan, hatchback & wagon)

At the time (back in '07), I had a connection with a Mazda dealer that was able to get me the tails at cost.

SOME Mazda dealers may still offer them online, but since they're from a previous generation, you may be better off checking out a used car parts supplier, either online or a junkyard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
babyluv2
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing