Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2004 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon, 3.0L V6 with a 5 speed manual.

Joined a few months ago, found lots of great information (thank you!), and am now ready to ask a few questions.

Had to post here first, so here I am.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the wagon. I was looking for a 6 series, wanted the V6 with a manual transmission.

One I found the wagon among many listings on the Facebook marketplace, and just couldn't look at much else.

Was a little more work than I wanted to do, finding some wagon specific parts can be difficult.

But, I'm loving the room, and it's just fun to drive.

I've only seen two other wagons in my area (Green Bay, Wisconsin). One is another Grey one like mine with an automatic.

And the other is a 2005 white one, V6 5 speed that is for sale just down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I second that! Welcome.
I also am new here and have owned a wagon since new in 2004. Ask away, will be happy to help. Have had many issues, but love the car. Mine is a stick shift also, lots of fun to drive. Currently at 103K miles, I ride the bike a LOT, so I average low miles/year. But the issues need addressing, so go ahead and ask.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the few things I'm not sure of.

- Not sure where to find the bumper cover. The piece of plastic that goes under the lift gate, on the top of the bumper.

- Not sure where to find the cargo cover.

- The lift gate handle sticks. I can pull the handle open, but have to push it back so it will stay latched shut.

- Front Bumper bezel trim pieces. On the lower left and right side, there are these plastic inserts. The passenger side is missing. I've pulled 2 different sets off of 2004 6's in the junk yard, and both are too small.
Are these Wagon only pieces?

·
Rally Racer
1,761 Posts
Here are the few things I'm not sure of.

- Not sure where to find the bumper cover. The piece of plastic that goes under the lift gate, on the top of the bumper.
Rear Bumper Guard $22
- Not sure where to find the cargo cover.
depending on your color (black,grey,beige)

Rear Tonneau (beige) GM9E-68-34X-80 $415

Or a used grey one here for $150
- The lift gate handle sticks. I can pull the handle open, but have to push it back so it will stay latched shut.
Sounds like a broken spring

- Front Bumper bezel trim pieces. On the lower left and right side, there are these plastic inserts. The passenger side is missing. I've pulled 2 different sets off of 2004 6's in the junk yard, and both are too small.
Probably because you have the sport bumper vs non-sport Maybe upgrade to a fog light kit...

Are these Wagon only pieces?
NO,
Wagon, Hatch, and sedan are interchangeable. The differences are Sport, Non-sport, and mazdaspeed (I believe there are also differences between the series 1 [2003-2005] and series 2 [2006-2008])

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear Bumper Guard $22

depending on your color (black,grey,beige)

Rear Tonneau (beige) GM9E-68-34X-80 $415

Or a used grey one here for $150

Sounds like a broken spring

Probably because you have the sport bumper vs non-sport Maybe upgrade to a fog light kit...

NO,
Wagon, Hatch, and sedan are interchangeable. The differences are Sport, Non-sport, and mazdaspeed (I believe there are also differences between the series 1 [2003-2005] and series 2 [2006-2008])
Thank you for all that information!

I can say that there are differences between the 2003 - 2005, and 2006 - 2006 fog lamps.

I got a complete set of fog lamps and bezels from a 2006, thinking they would fit, only to find out they are too small.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
joe.skelly
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing