Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my 2004 "6" 6 cyl with 135,000 miles sit for a few days while working from home and now it wont start. A bit of history. Right turn signal works about half the time. I have heard excessive engine noise through speakers but only two or three times. A few times the lights were out on the stereo like it was off but would not turn off or on. Today. Went out to start it and it acted like the battery was dead. Unlock with key and tried to start. Nothing. Straight up nothing. Hooked up to jumper cables and it started to charge but would not start. Just clicking but the dash lights looked correct. When I turned the key off the gauges started jumping around like crazy. All gauges going crazy. Any idea where this issue might be located. Sounds like a short of some type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ill say your battery ist completly dead give it 5 to 10 minutes bwfore u try to syart it. If it clicks but your light dont deem problably your starter i had some cars that when the battery is completly depleted and u dont give them time tp charge a bit this is what happens dash neddles going crazy and just a click from the starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill say your battery ist completly dead give it 5 to 10 minutes bwfore u try to syart it. If it clicks but your light dont deem problably your starter i had some cars that when the battery is completly depleted and u dont give them time tp charge a bit this is what happens dash neddles going crazy and just a click from the starter.
I will try that and let you know if it works. Thank you for the advice!

·
Rally Racer
2,522 Posts
Well, you were correct Sir! Up and running after charging for 30 minutes. Still have the electrical gremlin but glad to be up and running again!
You have a slow drain somewhere.
Now that the battery has been discharged it is damaged and will not hold a charge the same. I recommend a new battery and a battery disconnect switch. If you always leave it at a home, and can plug it in, there are great inexpensive options to connect your battery up to a charger using a small pig-tail connector that hides behind the grill.
Good luck and glad you're mobile again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts