Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking to see if there was anyone else who had this problem. I had to replace my whole clutch due to the clutch pedal bracket cracking. Is there a quiet recall on this????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I tried looking to see if there was anyone else who had this problem. I had to replace my whole clutch due to the clutch pedal bracket cracking. Is there a quiet recall on this????
Can't answer your question; but one for you, how long was it stiff, hard to push, and crunchy before this happened OR was it always butter smooth? If ya don't mind sharing. . .

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yea, there are many threads with pics covering this. im surprised Mazda hasnt done a recall on them yet.

how did that cause your clutch to go bad and need to be replaced? thats def a 1st that ive heard.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
It has been covered plenty.
When my peddle was broke right before it got changed it was bad!!!!! I pretty much had to just find em and grind em to get the gears in. I looked under pushed the peddle in and the peddle would go to the floor but it would flex causing the rod to not push in all the way and engage the clutch. I can definitely see how his clutch got facked especially if he drove it for a long time like that......

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pretty much all the mazdas of this era have this problem. I went through three pedal assemblies in my RX-8.

Unless the pedal assembly jammed slightly depressed due to the crack there's no way for it to ruin a clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts