Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cracked the circuit board in my 2004 Mazda 6 while trying to remove the center panel to connect a Sirius radio through the heat vents. Any ideas on if this is something I can replace without having to go through the dealer? If I have to go to the dealer, any idea how much they cost?? Thanks.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I cracked the circuit board in my 2004 Mazda 6 while trying to remove the center panel to connect a Sirius radio through the heat vents. Any ideas on if this is something I can replace without having to go through the dealer? If I have to go to the dealer, any idea how much they cost?? Thanks.
what circuit panel and what center panel? there's no circuits in the cup holder/shifter plate area or exposed circuits on the radio that i remember.

also, please don't cross post kthaxbai.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the cross post. After I originally posted it I saw the In Car Electronics and thought it was more appropriate there.

The circuit board is behind the center section where the radio, heat/air controls and vents are. I was trying to pop the face plate off to run the wiring for my Sirius through to attach to the vent.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could try a salvage yard but since there are like 15 different types of radios for the 6 you have to make sure you get the right one. If you still come up empty handed try www.kerodgersmazda.com I work there and we have all types of head units for the 6 I’m sure we have one. Just send an email to Chris or call the 800 number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually found a unit on ebay and ordered it. Of course, after I ordered it I found out I need the unit with climate control, not heater control, which is what I ordered. Do you know if those units are interchangeable? If not, could I pull the circuit board off the climate control unit and just replace it on the heater control unit I already have?? Thanks again for your responses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont think they are but you could try if you wanted to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts