Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

My mazda 6 had 186,000 miles on it when the engine was ready for rebuild. I then installed the engine with a new stage 1 clutch, new starter and battery. Fast forward, I'm ready for first start and all I get is crank but no start. I hooked the battery charger to it and it picked up a bit but not enough to start the motor. Is it something I'm missing? a ECU issue I'm not aware of? I've heard a rumor that when there's a rebuild or new motor going in. the car has to go to the dealer to clear a code before the motor will turn over....Is there any truth to this or is it just purely fiction, please help!!:crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
941 Posts
No, there is no need for the dealer to do anything after an engine install.

Carefully go over the wiring, especially the grounds. Make sure the fuel pump is kicking on and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I cleaned the ground connection going to the back of the transmission, is that the block ground? there is also another ground on the front of the transmission. Any other grounds I may be missing?? the fuel pump is working, I took out a spark plug and basically ruled that out

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
1) Holy tagged userlist to this thread.... Only maybe 3 people on there still visit this forum on a regular basis.

2) Sorry to hear your rebuild isn't working 100% yet.

3) b1lk1 is absolutely correct.

4) Create an account and use this 'holy grail' of information to check over everything: 6Crew.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, last night I was checking over the wiring and (basic power and ground checks) and it lead me to the fuse box. when I run a voltmeter across the terminals (across the main fuse) going to the fuse box I get nothing. the fuse box is hard lined to the battery, I am supposed to read battery voltage across those terminals correct??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
guapogordo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing