Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not drove the car since last week Friday because I went out of town. Came back home to a lot of thunderstorms and excessive rain and finally got a chance to step outside and decided to clean the car but it would NOT START. It's turning over but not actually starting. Battery is good and starter is good. Any ideas as to what it may be or what else I should check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
With your car still having plug wires, it's always possible the humidity is affecting the transfer of spark if your wires are sketchy. Best thing to to is test for spark. If you don't have a tester, simply pull a plug from a cylinder, use ViceGrips to attach it to a metal (non-aluminum) surface, with the plug wire still attached crank the engine. You should see spark. If spark, you have to start to wonder about fuel. I'd check the fuse and relay for the fuel pump.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks karlt10 will give this a shot today. Will
Check fuel pump fuse as soon as I get some help I'll have someone turn the key so I can check for the spark. It cranks strong, just won't start

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No spark and no fuel. May be the security immobilizer ??

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Absolutely could be the immobilizer. Disconnecting the battery for a bit -both terminals- may be worth a try.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck today. I did notice that the CEL flashes about 8 times however. This takes me back to my original assumption of it being the crank sensor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts