1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic '2004 Maxima Pics'

Looks a lot like the Altima.

And did anyone else notice:
"the Soul of the Z"

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Something like "the soul of a sports car"?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Sports car??? Too bloated :(

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

It looks better than the last concept I saw. That one looked like the illegitimate child of an Opel and an Altima.

·
Registered
510 Posts

It's a strange looking one, but no doubt it will be popular .....

It looks like it doesn't know whether to be curvaceous or angular...

The front is OK, the Back Door looks weird and the Trunk/Boot area just looks a bit strange...

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic '2

Has anyone seen the movie 'Starship Troopers'? Remember that big fat bug at the end of the movie? That's it, that's the fat, big ugly bug!!!

AAAHH! :guns

Just look at the taillights of the red one!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Come to think of it, Titanic is a good metaphore.

What is it with car design these days? Are we the only ones having good taste? Mazda6 is a perfection in "flow". No "broken" lines, perfectly rounded.

Just look at the rear end of the Nissan. It looks like it's broken upwards. Like if a giant lifted it a bit and bent the rear, then dropped it down again.

I wouldn't say this Nissan is one of the ugliest cars I've seen, just ugly. But if forced, I think I could live with it.

A good thing I have my 6, so I won't have to!:D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I guess the days of the Altima being bigger than the Maxima are numbered. To me the Altima is huge, but that thing is a behemoth.

·
Registered
63 Posts

The boot in the Jap version is very BMW 7-series-ish.
certainly has a bit of Chris bangle, american influence in the design.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The "Teana" have something Volvo'ish about it.. Those back lights for example. But then add hidus fenders, a face not even a mother could love and a hood/grille assembly that don't seem to be from the same car that they gotten that bumper from... The chrome is just... cut of.. No lower edge... just nothing ...

Noo If I ever buy one of these it will be of the present model in Sweden now:

Very nice looking actually, compared to the freaks above.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Uh-oh, Steve, don't get me started.

I can't stand the horrendous trend of new cars. The excessively-chisled-angled look is just awful. I cannot look at any of these cars and think that it will be a classic. Much unlike the trend of the early 90's, which, in my opinion, was a pinnacle of automotive design. The RX7's, the MR2's, the 300ZX, the mid and late-90's Celicas (et.al) - all HOT!

One of our cars is a '97 Celica. While it doesn't drive up to my standards, it is one of the classiest looking cars ever produced. Much unlike the new Celicas that are an absolute abomination.

Which is one of the reasons I like the '6 (at least so far - have yet to see it in person). It is one of the few cars out today that has sleek, flowing lines and is not bulky, excessively creased, or gaudy.

·
Registered
71 Posts

At least the rear end looks a tiny winny better than the previous Maxima, which is butt fugly.
Just hideous

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Yeah - the previous / current Maxima is pretty damn ugly...Uglier even than the new one, perhaps!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts