Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 Mazda 6 sport with 50,000 miles on it. I just took it in today for an oil change (with semi synthetic oil ) and they recommended that I also do a power steering fluid flush, brake fluid flush, and 3 step fuel injection service. What do you guys recommend?

Also the mechanic said my brake fluid was green, which I just checked and is algae growth in the fluid, correct? What brand brake fluid is recommended?

And I need to change my brake pads...
I was looking at the Hawk brake pads on RPM, any comments on this?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got hawks, makes some noise on soft braking but brakes wonderfully and in daily drive never fades
I didn't brought it to the track tho so wouldn't know for this part

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts
Don't waste your time and $$$ on a steering "flush". Check out this thread on how to do a quick and easy fluid swap yourself.

As for a "fuel injection service", pick up a bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner. I use them on every car I've owned, and I've never had any problems in terms of diminished performance due to a dirty fuel system.

As for brakes, look here.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't waste your time and $$$ on a steering "flush". Check out this thread on how to do a quick and easy fluid swap yourself.
Great Thanks! That seems easy enough. I'll have to find a turkey baster or a big syringe.

As for a "fuel injection service", pick up a bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner. I use them on every car I've owned, and I've never had any problems in terms of diminished performance due to a dirty fuel system.
How do you use this? Do you put it in on a full tank then run it til you get the gas tank light or what?

I am having ceramic brake pads put on as we speak... on sale and with a 20% military discount isn't bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts