Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at this morning Sunday paper and saw that the new 2004 300Ms are going for 28.5k fully equipped (non-Special versions). Just wondering how it compares to the 6. Since I do frequently travel on long stints (2-3 hrs.) with about 4 people, would it be better to (gulp) get the 300M?
I've heard a lot of reviewers say that they wouldn't too comfy back there, but this is a guy who already has a 626 and these people that travel with me rarely complain. I can only recall one time, the sloppy rear suspension breaks loose a lot over bumps and is irritating the 626.
Let me know what you guys think. Later! :D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: 2004 Chrysler 300M vs. 2003 M6

Do you want a sports sedan or a pseudo luxury boat? You can't even compare the two so its up to you to decide. I think the rear suspension is fine yet I'm coming from a car w/ "2 lowering springs. A friend of mine has a 300m and its a nice car but too much like a grandparents car to me.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

Very True Boat vs car that actually handels very well when making turns. I would rather have contolr of the road than float over it

·
Registered
526 Posts

Comparing the 300m to the 6 isn't any sort of fair comparision and makes me think you're just looking for 'a car'. They're built for two TOTALLY different purposes. The 300 is not intended as a sport sedan. It'll be much more comfortable to those travelling in the back - no question, the 300 wins, hands down.

The 6 is infinitely more fun. And just because they don't complain doesn't mean they're not uncomfortable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Replying to Topic '2004 Chrysler 300M vs. 2003 M6'

Originally posted by utilizer

the sloppy rear suspension breaks loose a lot over bumps and is irritating the 626.[/b]
Huh? I've only read rave reviews on the innovative suspension design of the Mazda6, especially the rear suspension.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i having problems with noises from my rear right suspension

i'm bringing my car in tomorrow to check it out.
i think it's either the muffler that's making that noise when it goes over bumps or the bumper cause other day when i waxing my car the right side bumper was making creaky noises

and also i notice the backseat passengers have a rougher ride
i kinda noticed the suspension is hard so when going over bumps can get a bit rough
which reminds me to tell them tomorrow ;)

as for the comparison with the 300M and the 6..there's no comparison...luxurious vs sporty

·
Registered
534 Posts

Depends on what you want in a car. They are totally different beasts.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

From what I've expirienced from an '01 300M, the six it faster, sportier, and more agile. the analogy of a boat is dead on, its a lumbering vehicle in any sort of maneuvering.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Originally posted by Ichi

and also i notice the backseat passengers have a rougher ride
i kinda noticed the suspension is hard so when going over bumps can get a bit rough
which reminds me to tell them tomorrow ;)  [/b]
Shouldn't surprise people - ever sit in the back of a school bus by or at the rear wheels? Bumpy as it gets - but sit more centered between the wheels and it calms down. The rear passenger has their butt RIGHT on the rear wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I looked at this morning Sunday paper and saw that the new 2004 300Ms are going for 28.5k fully equipped (non-Special versions). Just wondering how it compares to the 6. Since I do frequently travel on long stints (2-3 hrs.) with about 4 people, would it be better to (gulp) get the 300M?
I've heard a lot of reviewers say that they wouldn't too comfy back there, but this is a guy who already has a 626 and these people that travel with me rarely complain. I can only recall one time, the sloppy rear suspension breaks loose a lot over bumps and is irritating the 626.
Let me know what you guys think. Later! :D[/b]
I had a 626. The 6 is much smoother, though still stiff and rigid - very much so when it comes to handling. You have full control.

But the suspension is softer set than the 626 (which was an old design, stiffened to "update" it to modern demands).

The 6 has a roomy rear seat, but it's not as comfortable as in the 626, this is because that the seating cushions are thinner due to the karakuri seat design.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Well, if you like the 300C... It doesn't compare to the 6 though.. Not that it should.. They are in two different classes... Imo, the 300C screams 'Grandpa image'.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by Steve 6er                QUOTE
Originally posted by utilizer                I looked at this morning Sunday paper and saw that the new 2004 300Ms are going for 28.5k fully equipped (non-Special versions). Just wondering how it compares to the 6. Since I do frequently travel on long stints (2-3 hrs.) with about 4 people, would it be better to (gulp) get the 300M? I've heard a lot of reviewers say that they wouldn't too comfy back there, but this is a guy who already has a 626 and these people that travel with me rarely complain. I can only recall one time, the sloppy rear suspension breaks loose a lot over bumps and is irritating the 626. Let me know what you guys think. Later! :D[/b]
I had a 626. The 6 is much smoother, though still stiff and rigid - very much so when it comes to handling. You have full control. But the suspension is softer set than the 626 (which was an old design, stiffened to "update" it to modern demands). The 6 has a roomy rear seat, but it's not as comfortable as in the 626, this is because that the seating cushions are thinner due to the karakuri seat design.[/b][/quote]

I've been unplugged for about a week from the forums and been enjoying reading all of your comments. I drove down to Destin, Fl from Atlanta in my Dad's '97 Chrysler LHS. It was alright, I felt the power was lacking but overall a good car under the circumstances (four people traveling along and we barely got all of our gear together!) I also felt that the tracking (steering) was better than my 626 but it lacked steering feel, plus the relative "tight control" feeling that I've grown accustomed to in my 626. It's really hard to figure out what I want in my next car. I know I want better seat comfort and a stable rear end UNlike my 626, plus a quiet interior. The wind noise is horrible when I want to listen to my music!!
If I do go ahead and get the 6, I'll probably get an SUV to go with it, but at this point, that's out of the question. One more thing, the LHS just felt like it gave me that sense that it wanted to brake loose any second if I tried the wrong move, so I kept it under 90. ; ) Yes, I have ValentineOne and it works wonderfully as you all know. Now if money wasn't in the equation, wouldn't we all like to have a new Audi A8? :D
Oh well, just keep the suggestions under $40k! CTS is alright, but I don't like the "rappers' image" Cadillac has adopted!

·
Registered
736 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er                QUOTE
Originally posted by utilizer                I looked at this morning Sunday paper and saw that the new 2004 300Ms are going for 28.5k fully equipped (non-Special versions). Just wondering how it compares to the 6. Since I do frequently travel on long stints (2-3 hrs.) with about 4 people, would it be better to (gulp) get the 300M? I've heard a lot of reviewers say that they wouldn't too comfy back there, but this is a guy who already has a 626 and these people that travel with me rarely complain. I can only recall one time, the sloppy rear suspension breaks loose a lot over bumps and is irritating the 626. Let me know what you guys think. Later! :D[/b]
I had a 626. The 6 is much smoother, though still stiff and rigid - very much so when it comes to handling. You have full control. But the suspension is softer set than the 626 (which was an old design, stiffened to "update" it to modern demands). The 6 has a roomy rear seat, but it's not as comfortable as in the 626, this is because that the seating cushions are thinner due to the karakuri seat design.[/b][/quote]

I've been unplugged for about a week from the forums and been enjoying reading all of your comments. I drove down to Destin, Fl from Atlanta in my Dad's '97 Chrysler LHS. It was alright, I felt the power was lacking but overall a good car under the circumstances (four people traveling along and we barely got all of our gear together!) I also felt that the tracking (steering) was better than my 626 but it lacked steering feel, plus the relative "tight control" feeling that I've grown accustomed to in my 626. It's really hard to figure out what I want in my next car. I know I want better seat comfort and a stable rear end UNlike my 626, plus a quiet interior. The wind noise is horrible when I want to listen to my music!!
If I do go ahead and get the 6, I'll probably get an SUV to go with it, but at this point, that's out of the question. One more thing, the LHS just felt like it gave me that sense that it wanted to brake loose any second if I tried the wrong move, so I kept it under 90. ; ) Yes, I have ValentineOne and it works wonderfully as you all know. Now if money wasn't in the equation, wouldn't we all like to have a new Audi A8? :D
Oh well, just keep the suggestions under $40k! CTS is alright, but I don't like the "rappers' image" Cadillac has adopted![/b][/quote]

I thought that image only applied to the Escalade.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

How about the new Chrysler 300C??  Now I would take that over the 6 in a heartbeat (I think...)

http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/index_e.htm[/b]
That's a Concept.
By that logic, we could get a Caddy Sixteen. *drool*

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

only with 21" chrome rims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts