Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reading Topic: 2004 acura tsx...

There are so many design cues similar to the Mazda6, it's almost like they're twins! But all the chrome kills the TSX IMO. I used to like chrome, and still like it on luxo cars, but not on a sports sedan.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Replying to Topic '2004 acura tsx...'

Originally posted by CzechMate

There are so many design cues similar to the Mazda6, it's almost like they're twins! But all the chrome kills the TSX IMO. I used to like chrome, and still like it on luxo cars, but not on a sports sedan.[/b]
I have heard this from a lot of car magazines and they blame mazda for it. They showed the 6 concept almost 3 years before it went into production. So many people liked it that they started to take some of the design cues from it and since you then you have a lot of things taken from the 6 design. I think it's the best flattery knowing that you designed a car that so many peopleliked they think they need to haveit in theirs :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Anyone said Accord Suv? :D

Hmm it looks pretty bad, but it's late at night and I'm not that skillfull :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ahhhg don't make fun of the embossed kangaroo bar :D It's supposed to look lika that! (!?) :D Don't ask about the lack of whit stuff in the water behind the rear light as well :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Ahhhg don't make fun of the embossed kangaroo bar :D It's supposed to look lika that! (!?) :D Don't ask about the lack of whit stuff in the water behind the rear light as well :D[/b]
You're crazy! :D

·
Registered
736 Posts

Imo, it suffers from Corolla syndrome. It needs to be wider so that it doesn't look awkwardly proportioned.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

If you see it in action it looks better. Check out this video of the Euro Accord. The exterior is the same as the TSX.

It's not as pretty as the 6, but it's not bad at all. It looks Audi A4'ish.

P.S Choose the RealPlayer version of the video. The WMP version seems to have some issues.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

It looks like a 6? I think it looks just like an Acura... It also looks like a car, and so does the 6, but I'm not seeing the similarity. The headlighs are quite different, those on the acura are geometric, it's got the signature Acura back end... maybe I'm crazy, but people on this board seem to be a little quick to compare cars to the 6 and say that the design was stolen...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

i would have to agree with phrosted... looks like a 6?? i dont think so.... acura is acura very distinct... and the instrument panel is very sweet...!

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted

It looks like a 6?  I think it looks just like an Acura... It also looks like a car, and so does the 6, but I'm not seeing the similarity.  The headlighs are quite different, those on the acura are geometric, it's got the signature Acura back end... maybe I'm crazy, but people on this board seem to be a little quick to compare cars to the 6 and say that the design was stolen...[/b]
We will never know whether Honda actually stole the design of the 6. But come on the two cars bear quite the resemlance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic '2004 acura tsx...'

They even stole "karakuri" style of folding back seats. Those little levers that you push from the trunk and the back seats just fold.

IMO, the 2 cars are very similar looking (especially the exterior).

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Stole? I don't think so. You see, Mazda would have patented the idea if they could have, but they didn't. You know why? Because they didn't come with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts

You are probably right. Stole is too harsh of word. It is just these 2 cars are like twins to me. Too many similarities.

I've just remembered that the "karakuri" folding seats can also be found in the new Nissan Murano.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Yeah, the Murano doesn't really look like ANYTHING on the market... I really like it. Too bad it's so expensive...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts