Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of procuring a 2003 Mazda6 with Sport package. I'm used to seeing the chrome+emblem on the front grille, but what's that awful chrome piece on the trunk lid doing there!? It's ugly! I don't notice it on pics I see on this board....was it something only done on 2003's, and most people somehow get rid of it? Do I have an option to make it body-colored (blue)??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Nope. It's an add-on. The original owner opted to put that eyesore on it. IMO, it only looks good on the Wagons. I dunno.

Anyways, it's got 3M tape holding it up. My guess is, to take it off, it's the same process as debadging the car (fishing line and goo-gone).

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Does it also have Chrome on the Door Ding protectors (the horizontal strips running down the car sides)?

There was a Chrome Package available at one time that put the chrome rear piece on the trunk and also chrome-insetted door ding things. Maybe some chrome piece on the front grill too, I can't recall exactly.

The chrome rear finisher was also available seperately from the dealer as an accessory. The previous owner may have that one or may have an Ebay knockoff on there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts