Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I haven't been around in a while but I am now seling my/wife's 2003 MZ6. It is a late 2003 6s AT with the somewhat rare 2AP package, which is basically the Sport Package bumpers, side skirts and rear wing, but without the EL gauges and integrated fog lights.

-17"x7.5" Moda R6 wheels
-New (less than 5K miles) 225/45/17 Continental ContiProContact tires
-New front and rear (less than 5K miles) OEM rotors and Wagner ThermoQuiet pads
-Tinted window (Llumar Platinum Plus 35%)
-Leather (heated)
-Moonroof
-Silver turn signal bulbs (stupid little mod, but makes for a much cleaner look)

The Good:
It has been maintained with OCD level dedication. Synthetic oil changes every 7500 miles and UOA's every other oil change. The UOA's show wear lower than average compared to cars seeing half the miles between oil changes. New tires, new brake pads and rotors and new spark plugs. Tranny cooler and filter added and fluid drained and refilled every oil change. We have averaged over 26 MPG thoughout the life of the car. Frequently washed and waxed, and completely detailed twice a year. Extremely clean inside and out. This car needs nothing and should be good to go for many more miles.

The Bad:
Not much. Currently sits at 76,088 miles. My wife drives the car 84 miles roundtrip every day on the freeway. It is an easy commute with little traffic. The light use is bourn out by the outstanding UOA's the car has returned. Typical rock chips on the front of the car, that have all been touched up, not a single ding anywhere. The Moda R6 17" wheels are still nice, but have some curb rash. They were prefect for quite some time but the wifey rashed up a couple of them a couple of months ago. From 5' away it is not noticable.

Asking $13,000, which is below the KBB private party value for a car in it's condition. I'll also include the stock 16" wheels and tires which are basically new, as well as an Injen CAI, which was only on the car for a short time. I will also flush and refill all the fluids as well, and replace the servicable filters. It really doesn't need any of this, but just so the new owner doesn't have to worry about anything or spend any more money upon delivery. The car has always been problem free. It looks and drives perfectly.

EDIT: Price lowered to $11,995 for anybody from this forum. Here are some pics of the car after being freshly detailed inside and out:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn guys... no love? This really is a very nice car. Feel free to shoot me an offer, but I do think that my price is fair considering the condition of the car. Probably the best thing I could say about it is that I would not hesitate for a second to sell it to my best friend... I know it will serve the next owner flawlessly.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow Pisadong, haven't seen you on for a while. What do you drive now?

Bump for great price.
[/b]
Thanks for the bump. Act now and I'll knock it down to $11,995!!! :laugh:

Anyways, I know I haven't posted here in a while. I still drop by from time to time though. I spend most of my forum time over at LegacyGT.com, since I now drive a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. It's a sweet car. Quite a few mods on it now, with a bunch more including a turbo upgrade and FMIC ready to be installed. Not that you guys will probably care, but since I'm a pic whore here she is:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awwww c'mon, it's a great car and it looks beautiful in dark gray. As you can see from the pics of the Legacy above, I like white cars (I have 2 others) but the MZ6 is just super clean and sexy in gray.

Someone make me an offer. We just picked up a new Subaru Tribeca today. That makes 5 cars at the house... there are only 2 of us to drive them. Time to find the 6 a good new home.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
How much did Subaru offer you for a trade in on the 6?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much did Subaru offer you for a trade in on the 6?
[/b]
The dealer's policy is to give only the KBB trade-in value for "good" condition at a maximum, in this case about $10,300. I feel that the car is in much better condition than that, and is worth more. I think my asking price is fair, but I am open to offers. I do know that when someone sees the car in person, they will see that it is a very good value.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That car is Sweet! I wish I got that color...

And I actually like those gauges over the EL.

Where did you get those rims?? I searched and found them on TireRack for 59 bucks a piece.. is that right?!!?

They look classy and clean.. definately the look i am looking for.

Too bad you want to sell this car its in awesome shape!!

If i was in CA still, I definately consider it.

Free bump from me, for a sweet ride and CHEAP.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That car is Sweet! I wish I got that color...

And I actually like those gauges over the EL.

Where did you get those rims?? I searched and found them on TireRack for 59 bucks a piece.. is that right?!!?

They look classy and clean.. definately the look i am looking for.

Too bad you want to sell this car its in awesome shape!!

If i was in CA still, I definately consider it.

Free bump from me, for a sweet ride and CHEAP.
[/b]
If the Tirerack has them for $59/ea they have to be on closeout. Hop on it if you like 'em! I paid quite a bit more a couple of years ago. I actually prefer the gauges over the red EL gauges too. I think they are more readable during the day, and at night they glow red just the EL gauges do. Thanks for the compliments! :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
They aren't in the list under the 6 anymore :(

maybe ebay?!?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
pisadong
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing