Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow Mazda members... my auto needs a PCM/ECM after numerous diagnostics at the dealership, this part is supposedly no longer available for the year of model in their network systems. I’m not throwing in the towel yet, and have hope.... does anyone know of a dealership who might have this part in stock?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would think they'd have to replace/diagnose a ton of other things before they got to thinking the PCM is bad. I have heard of it happening before (any part has the possibility of breaking, no matter how good.) In my undergrad days, my school had this Marine Big-block chevy with a beautiful EFI system, but no one could get it running. My roommate and I troubleshot the entire engine, finally deciding the PCM was bad. We got a new PCM and the same problem existed. We again went through the whole thing, and our diagnosis was again a bad PCM. We contacted the place and again got a new PCM....That time it fired right up and the engine w/some tuning was well over 600hp.
this is wonderful optimistic news! We are hoping when we locate the part it’s fires up! It’s a great car, I just replaced the clutch last year! Hope to get this beauty back on the road!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts