Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New here.
I just got my first car (2003 Mazda 6i, 119k) and i’m loving it so far!
I’m just having an issue with the locking system.
What happens:When the car is off I cannot unlock/lock the car from the door panels. This is on both the driver and passenger side.
This also occurs on the outside. When i use the key to open the door it doesnt unlock all or lock all even after twisting it twice each way

any help?

thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
970 Posts
Its possible that someone messed the wiring up and changed the way the door locks get power. Any evidence of it having an aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its possible that someone messed the wiring up and changed the way the door locks get power. Any evidence of it having an aftermarket alarm?
No aftermarket alarm. Mind guiding me on where to check? There’s definitely an aftermarket instrument panel (?). My other electrical issue is with the hazard lights not turning on.
Here’s a pic
Speedometer Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the door lock fuses and relays are under the hood though.
Hi there! It’s been a while. I checked the fuses in the engine and in the cabin... no use. I notice that all interior lights and etc function perfectly when the car is on ignition or when the key is slightly turned. But once the car is off nothing will function ( door locks / lights )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MANAGED TO FIX IT!
I replaced the 15a fuse from this thread :Right here
and it works. Now i just have to figure out why the small horizontal screen above the instrument panel stays on when the car is off. I dont want it to drain anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.