Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,just recently bought my first mazda. A 2003 mazda 6 gg (i think) and i hate the look of the front end, was just wondering if an mps 6 front bumper is a direct swap? Or if I'd have any issues? Love the look of the speed 6 front bumper. I've heard the hood swap requires the speed 6 front bumper and quater panels aswell as the hood to complete, just hoping the front bumpers a more straight forward swap. Anyone that has any experience and knowledge they could share on the subject would be great. I've searched online for days with no success. And help would be appreciated..picture of my mazda and it's standard bumper attached.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi all,just recently bought my first mazda. A 2003 mazda 6 gg (i think) and i hate the look of the front end, was just wondering if an mps 6 front bumper is a direct swap? Or if I'd have any issues? Love the look of the speed 6 front bumper. I've heard the hood swap requires the speed 6 front bumper and quater panels aswell as the hood to complete, just hoping the front bumpers a more straight forward swap. Anyone that has any experience and knowledge they could share on the subject would be great. I've searched online for days with no success. And help would be appreciated..picture of my mazda and it's standard bumper attached.
I don't think it's a direct swap for the speed6 bumper but I haven't looked into it. There were some front lips floating around eBay but you would have to look if it's for a sports bumper or standard. I'm pretty sure the sports bumper would be a direct bolt on swap.

Edit: the sports and non sports fender liners are different. The standard liners won't attach to the front of the sports bumper.

There are some small things that you could do to change the look a little bit. Look into adding some fog lights or the home depot front lip. If you really wanted, you could change or even paint the front grill inserts to your liking.

2003 Mazda 6s with stock sports bumper, fog inserts, home depot front lip, radioactive mesh inserts.
1564271859086.jpg

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The whole dog house is different due to the styling changes in 05 or 06. I may be wrong on the fenders, but the hood, lights and bumper cover all need to be changed.

Also, either your search skills suck, or you didnt search this site cause just simply typing "speed 6 bumper swap" gives a shit ton of responses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts