Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I managed to fix the issue with my car doors not unlocking from the outside/ all electronics not working when the car is off In this post right here . Now I need some additional help.... also thanks to those in the other thread who helped me out

Current Issue: Fixed the ”Room” fuse in the cabin. Everything functions normally and the car electronics function when the engine is off.
BUT THIS WORKS TOO WELL Now, when the car is off, the radio stays on and so does the little display above the radio that shows ambient temp and the clock.

Any way to fix this? I’m not sure what’s keeping it on now!

here’s an image of the instrument panel if needed: note that the yellow areas are the ones that stay on after engine off

Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Mode of transport Personal luxury car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rip the dash out and see what horror lies below. Unless the radio comes out by itself.
I managed to take out the radio and look around. All the wires seem fine!
But i did notice that there are two wires that tap into the fuse box…. What can I do to make them more secure/ less ugly? I don’t know what they do though…. So i’m going to follow the wire in the next few days

here’s the pic
Circuit component Electronic component Hardware programmer Electrical wiring Gas

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,364 Posts
I am with @TalonTsi90 above. I believe it is a problem with the install. If the radio was working "normally", meaning turn on with ignition only, before and now does not, it is likely an issue with the aftermarket double DIN adapter. The simplest reasoning would be that power was tapped from an "always hot" circuit.

The white wire goes to the front accessory - on with ign.
The red wire is going to the overhead light. - always on

Below you can see my tapped fuse that runs both cameras and my DRL when the ignition is in the accessory and on positions only.
Trunk Electrical wiring Auto part Machine Gas

Vision care Eyewear Font Bicycle part Technology

1 - 7 of 7 Posts