Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 mazda 6s and i took a look into where the mazda 6s fog light that integrated in the headlight, but i dont see anything just a hole were a h3 bulb is suppose to go, i dont have a fog light switch but why would mazda label h3 on top of the headlight where a h3 bulb is suppose to go into. i just got the car so some suggestion would be great! thanks alot!

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,547 Posts
Moved to a more appropriate section.

Simply put, the integrated foglights weren't included on all 2003s, only models equipped with the Sport package (which IIRC also included the sport front and rear bumpers, side sills, rear spoiler, and 17" wheels/tires. Mazda labels all the headlight units because it's cheaper to carry one type of headlight unit (with the foglight housing) than to carry two different types (one with and one without the housing).

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Mz6GreyGhost @ Jan 27 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632706
Moved to a more appropriate section.

Simply put, the integrated foglights weren't included on all 2003s, only models equipped with the Sport package (which IIRC also included the sport front and rear bumpers, side sills, rear spoiler, and 17" wheels/tires. Mazda labels all the headlight units because it's cheaper to carry one type of headlight unit (with the foglight housing) than to carry two different types (one with and one without the housing).[/b]
Is there a cost effective way to put bulbs in its place? do they sell them on ebay? Even bright LEDs would look ok just need to light up the headlights to make it look good.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Does it have a lens there? No problem. Insert bulbs and wire 'em up.

If it doesn't already have a lens, you'll have to rely on your own skills at modding and fabricating or buy the appropriate lenses.

You could get an inexpensive set of driving lights, bake and take apart the headlights and fab up the fogs using the lenses from the aftermarket driving lights

But again, that's really dependant on your ability.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an 03 mazda 6s that didn't come with the integrated fog lights into the headlight either. What is the part number for that bulb you have pictured? Is that the oem mazda fog light h3?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I thought mine did too but I don't have the integrated fogs in my headlight. Any reason why? I posted a thread about a week ago listing the two packages.. there's the appearance sport package that has the sport front and rear bumpers, rear wing spoiler, and side sills and the next one is called just "sport package" which includes the appearance sport package but adds the integrated fog lights into the headlights, leather interior trim, and red illuminiscent lighting as well as 17 inch rims

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mines definately the sport package then, I have all the appearance items, the red lighting, and the fogs. If you need any pics I can take them for you

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes definately! Can you take pics of the red illuminiscent lighting, leather interior, 17 inch rims, and the combination switch for the fog light in the headlight. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
the red lighting is just the gauge cluster and all but yeah, i can get that, the leather, the switch, and ill take a picture of the stock rim for you, give me a few minutes

·
Registered
117 Posts
here you go, this is all from a 03 steel grey metallic 6S
this is the switch, the fog light part is outlined in red

this is the light output of the lows and fogs

this is the black leather, you can also see the heated seat switches

and finally, the stock 17in rim

did all those help?

·
Registered
9 Posts
here you go, this is all from a 03 steel grey metallic 6S
this is the switch, the fog light part is outlined in red

this is the light output of the lows and fogs

this is the black leather, you can also see the heated seat switches

and finally, the stock 17in rim

did all those help?
i have been having the same question and u answered part of it, my car is exactly the same one you have pictured, i turn the fog light switch and nothing turned on? so me and my brother took the cover off the head light and there is a bulb in there.. so what could it be? could it be a fuse thats out because i doubt that both lights went out at the same time, how could i check if something is wrong?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i have been having the same question and u answered part of it, my car is exactly the same one you have pictured, i turn the fog light switch and nothing turned on? so me and my brother took the cover off the head light and there is a bulb in there.. so what could it be? could it be a fuse thats out because i doubt that both lights went out at the same time, how could i check if something is wrong?
assuming both the bulbs are good then i would change the fuse and see if that fixes it. the fuse to it is in the fuse box in the engine bay, here is a picture showing which fuse it is, its a 15amp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
assuming both the bulbs are good then i would change the fuse and see if that fixes it. the fuse to it is in the fuse box in the engine bay, here is a picture showing which fuse it is, its a 15amp.
ill change it first thing in the morning. and see if that fixes the problem. thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can you post a pic of the very front of your Mazda? I want to make sure the integrated fogs are h3 bulbs and want to see them compared to the h1's on the stock headlights. Thanks! How does the combination switch for the fogs work? Are the fogs only on when you have your headlights on?

·
Registered
117 Posts
you just turn the switch on and as long as its on whenever you turn the headlights on the fogs will be on. and does this picture work?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
i turn the fog light switch and nothing turned on?
dont just assume your fog bulbs are good. both of mine were out and so was both of the little #194 bulbs in my headlights when i bought my mazda6.

it seems that our bulbs are too hard for some past owners to replace..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures! I am still a bit confused so if anyone can clear this up for me... I read in another thread that the stock headlights are h1 bulbs and that the sport fogs integrated into the headlights are h3 bulbs is this correct? From the picture it looks like both are h3 bulbs can you take a picture further away from the car? Did you change the stock bulbs on the headlights? Thanks again!

·
Registered
117 Posts
i havent changed the headlight bulb but i have changed the fogs, the fogs are definately H3s, i got higher wattage bulbs though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts