Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife infiniti I35, has developed this heavy vibration in the front end. I rotated the tires, balanced them and aligned the car and nothing got better. Any of you otu thre know anything about what is going. The fr%#king infiniti forums are dead, what a bunch of lazy asses they are. :swearin:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Do you feel the vibration the same on all surfaces? Is it better or worse when accelerating? Braking? Turning left/right/both?

Anything new changed when the vibration started? Where/how do you feel it?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Put the lug nuts on in a star pattern. Torque twice, once to 40 ft-lbs and then to 75ft-lbs. It's possible the wheel isn't centered properly. Shops tend to put lugs on one at a time to 150+ ft-lbs.

If the tire shop had found your tires to be unbalanced and they fixed it, it's possible that what you feel now is just uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the lug nuts on in a star pattern. Torque twice, once to 40 ft-lbs and then to 75ft-lbs. It's possible the wheel isn't centered properly. Shops tend to put lugs on one at a time to 150+ ft-lbs.

If the tire shop had found your tires to be unbalanced and they fixed it, it's possible that what you feel now is just uneven tire wear.
[/b]
thanks I am going to try that. yes, the vibration chages when the car traveling on rough surface and when it turning to the right.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Could be a bad wheel bearing.
[/b]
That's what I was thinking, this is what I felt when my wheel bearings were going bad on my SVT. How many miles does the I35 have on it?

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
[/b]
Definitely fair game for joints and bearings to need replacement. Ross' wheel bearings went out in the low 90K's.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found out that the main hub bearings will probably run you around $110 per side, so two total.
[/b]
Thanks guys you are the best. I finished putting $700 on this car on brakes, balancing/alingment and replacing the water pump assembly for leaking. Fortunately, this has been a great car and never have given us problems, except for which is understandable.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My father has an 02 I35 (black/tan leather), excellent vehicle. I get to hijack it every now and then when he's out of town. 17s and 255HP plus a few nice touches like heated rear seats and steering wheel make it pretty sweet :) Some controls aren't as intuitive as you'd expect and steering wheel buttons aren't lit (and there are a lot of them) so I have to re-learn them every time I use it.

Anyway he's only got 15K miles on his and hasn't had a single problem with it so I've never had to research it... sorry I can't help, just had to chime in. (This is the "other cars" section after all)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
PTinVT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing