Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Mazda 6 and i'm dying to get the windows tinted! I'm unsure if i should do a 20% or 30%. Any personal preferences out there to help me decide?! I want it dark enough so the sun doesn't shine in, and dark enough to limit other people's visibility in.
My main concerns with the 20% are the below.
  • Tint law in California - Front side windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
  • Visiblility driving/backing up at night.
Please help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I forgot to mention that the color of my mazda is Pebble Ash, it's a unique color and I don't know if dark tint would look good on such a color?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 20% all around. Never had any trouble really backing up at night. Just pay attention to what is around behind you before you get in the car. I haven't had any trouble with the popo's around here but the tint law is only 25%.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Also take into consideration, the Mazda 6 glass is actually tinted green. So tint will actually be a bit darker that its rated.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I have 30 in front and 20 in rear. :]
I live in LA, and haven't got ticketed for tint yet. (knock on wood) Been over a year and a half since I got the tints put on.

*note that in this pic, the tints look darker because it was recently tinted in this photo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!! I ended up going with the 20% All over. Hopefully no fix-it ticket in the near future.

·
Registered
572 Posts
you cud also do 20 on the back glass and qtr's and 30 every where else. in OH law is 50% so my sides are 50 and the rear is 30

·
Registered
583 Posts
30% all around

Partly cloudy day

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks guys!!! I ended up going with the 20% All over. Hopefully no fix-it ticket in the near future.

Looks great! Good decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts