Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few of my friends and i took off and bolted on one of his 20's onto my 6 to see if it will scrub/rub/scrape or anything else. we put it on the front left to see if it will do any of that while driving so i turned the wheel and also drove foward and backward to see if it would drag or scrub. nope nope and nope. IT DIDN'T! there was very very lil rub from the tire in the very very inner of the plastic of the fender well, nuttin big cuase it does the same thing on my friend's Lexus GS300. so i'm bout to say screw 18's abd run with 20's. the 20 that we used was the Tezzen Vizzio. the rim is a 20"X8.5".

sorry that the pix are dark, but we had it in the bay still.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: 20 INCH RIMS

What's scary it's that the car really NEEDS these big wheels! I think the normal 17" looks a little small compared to the wheelarch. The "dirty close-up" pic shows that,if not for the chrome, it doesn't really look "to much".

VERY nice! I thinky you should steel those rims of your friend :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Too much rim for me. Only a little though. I'd say 19's will look the best on the 6 in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

you never do anything half way do you WhoDiddy.....:) Damn those are some big rims, I would say that 18's are about as big as I would go, 17inch with a slight drop would also work

·
Registered
510 Posts
Replying to Topic '20 INCH RIMS'

They are Huge Rims !!! :D

I think they suit the Lexus better though......

The 6 definitely looks over-rimmed or tired with 20 inchers ......

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I was thinking the exact opposite, I thought the 6 looked better in those wheels than the lexus. Personally I wouldn't put any bigger than 18's on my 6.....If I had one....which I don't....but let's not get into that..

·
Registered
391 Posts

Dang dude. That thing is awesome. It fits better on Lexus IMO. Especially if it was the new GS.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Personally I wouldn't put any bigger than 18's on my 6.....If I had one....which I don't....but let's not get into that..[/b]
Yeah, I have the standard 17 inchers on My Hatch, although 18 inchers would look fine, but no more !!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

i do not like these rims on my 6. i was just showing the mere fact that 20's can go on the 6.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 20 INCH RIMS

For what it's worth, weight is not what matters in the case of driveline loss. People oftentimes weigh wheels to see if they'll lose or gain HP but they don't realize it's the rotational inertia that matters, and that's not necessarily going to be the same for the same weight wheel.

Wheel weight impacts unsprung weight, which affects dynamic handling.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 20 INCH RIMS

i'm just gonna stick with 18's now, after readin the opinions of everyone now. if i got 20's it would be only for show and any performance mods wouldn't really matter cause of the heavy rims and other variations. so i will stick with 18's and lower it a few. thanx for opinion fellas.;)

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

i'm just gonna stick with 18's now, after readin the opinions of everyone now. if i got 20's it would be only for show and any performance mods wouldn't really matter cause of the heavy rims and other variations. so i will stick with 18's and lower it a few. thanx for opinion fellas.;)[/b]

Regular 17's that come with sport package are enough and beautiful IMO.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts