Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Ij ust got a Speed6 :love: One thing I notice though is even though it has alot of power it remains pretty quiet....good engeneering but...I think I want it to sound a little meaner...whats a good way to do this...I really don;t want to get into putting a new exhaust on it..is there another easier way?...also If possible I want it to be lounder when IM driving it...I hate cars that straight pipe or whatever and sound loud as can be when they're doing 15mph in a parking lot....also this is my first forum post, thanks!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Airbox mod

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ok so Ij ust got a Speed6 :love: One thing I notice though is even though it has alot of power it remains pretty quiet....good engeneering but...I think I want it to sound a little meaner...whats a good way to do this...I really don;t want to get into putting a new exhaust on it..is there another easier way?...also If possible I want it to be lounder when IM driving it...I hate cars that straight pipe or whatever and sound loud as can be when they're doing 15mph in a parking lot....also this is my first forum post, thanks!
[/b]

Putting an exhaust on a speed6 makes it sound like a fart box tuner. Don't do that.... one thing you can do is open up the air box as suggested or purchase a Cold Air Intake. Then you'll get the growl (bwwwaaa) noise from under hood when you punch it...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Putting an exhaust on a speed6 makes it sound like a fart box tuner. Don't do that.... one thing you can do is open up the air box as suggested or purchase a Cold Air Intake. Then you'll get the growl (bwwwaaa) noise from under hood when you punch it...
[/b]

fart box is not what Im looking for....how do I open the air box...and are there any side effects ie. poor gas mileage...etc

·
Registered
47 Posts
fart box is not what Im looking for....how do I open the air box...and are there any side effects ie. poor gas mileage...etc
[/b]
Do a search for "air box mod" and you'll find it. FYI...A speed6 airbox is different than a regular six.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts