Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i **might** have opened the sunroof when there was water on the sunroof and then drove onto the highway(fast acceleration forcing water in the car where sunroof is). since our sunroofs are housed inside and not over and above the car...i'm concerned of where water may lead to.

electrical?

which leads me to my 2nd sunroof concern. it' makes a weird non-healthy noise. hard to explain, not so much a grind but close to it. it only happens when i tilt option but both when opening and closing tilt.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
When you take the car in for the spoiler issue, have them grease your sunroof slides. As for the water issue, the sunroof has small drain holes in the track to prevent water from harming anything.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
that is normal i'd say...its cool our sun roof has like a lil pocket where it can collect water if you look at it closely...i've left it tilted during a thunder storm and only realiezed it after about 10 minutes later...nothing really happpened just got a paper towel and dried up as much as i could in the lil reserve tray it has...the kinda like sound its like sucking kinda sound when you open and close the tilt...yeah it happens to me...nothing to be worried about just the weather stripping hitting the sides and doing they're job....

EDIT: yeah or you could take the car in and tell em they'll grease it up good for you...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I kinda sorta left mine tilted open about a week ago when it was raining...kinda forgot i opened it on my way to work and didn't notice until I left. There was some water that collected inside (not a whole lot, thankfully)...I haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
498 Posts
This is what happens to Neons when you leave the sunroof open...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i took it in to the shop and they (of course) had to order a new rubber seal for the sunroof. and i never noticed how dirty the seal was because i'm always on the inside of the car messing with the tilt.

so......i cleaned the seal and put aerospace 303 on it and it's not making that noise anymore. i called the dealer back and they wanted to insist on ordering the rubber seal anyways but i said NO because of fear of losing the factory seal and end up with a leaky sunroof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
gr8almty1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing