Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking for resistance under the entire engine bay with my multimeter i found ONLY two places that had some resistance. Maybe someone can point to other places but I pretty much checked EVERYWHERE. I ran out of places to check that I was just doing every nut and bolt.

1) Throttle Body (TB), it read about 175 resistance
2) I'm going to get attacked on this one but, the mounting bracket that holds the A/C piping
(look at pic) had a resistance of 138, not sure what results you will get from grounding this but after
connecting my grounding wire to that it showed 0 resistance.

(Look at the white pointing arrow, that is where I got a resistance)

[attachmentid=11854]

I guess the 6s had more places than the 6i. Hopefully this helps the 6i members. :drive:
Any feedback on more points are welcome.

By the way, I did this on a 2005 Mazda 6i.

My apologies to those members who are SICK and TIRED of this TOPIC, just thought I might throw a bone for the 6i members since 99.99% of grounding topics are for 6s and not 6i.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
thanks man... we all appreciated you looking out for the little guys... (6i) LOL

paul

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The TB resistance is well-known and was the basis for a very long, drawn-out TB grounding debate. Some people felt a difference, others didn't. The conclusion is basically that it's easy to do, so why not?

Not sure what the AC bracket will buy you. :)

As always, for aftermarket audio, etc, you can also upgrade the so-called Big Three: battery neg to chassis, alternator pos to battery, and engine to chassis.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone translate this into noob speak and what it means for us.
[/b]

Here is a link:

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/EGS/egs.php

The TB resistance is well-known and was the basis for a very long, drawn-out TB grounding debate. Some people felt a difference, others didn't. The conclusion is basically that it's easy to do, so why not?

Not sure what the AC bracket will buy you. :)

As always, for aftermarket audio, etc, you can also upgrade the so-called Big Three: battery neg to chassis, alternator pos to battery, and engine to chassis.
[/b]

I was thinking the same thing CvilleSix about hte A/C bracket but hey, i would rather have 0 resistance than some. Maybe I will not use to much energy or something and reduce the comsumption of my mileage while its on :D.

I've heard of the BIG 3, have you done it. If you did any good results from you?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I've heard of the BIG 3, have you done it. If you did any good results from you?
[/b]
Haven't yet, but with the turbo I'm thinking of it. I'm not going to run any serious audio stuff though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
VroomZoom6MZR
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing