Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So originally my car did have a 2.3l but clearly stamped on my block is 2.5. How do i figure out what motor is in my car

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tell us some more about your car; what year is it? Do you have a CarFax? Are there any other numbers stamped on the block?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The previous owner said the owner before him put in a 2010 mazda 3 motor but i have no idea if thats what it is

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have another question that i cant seem to find any answer to on this site or anyone ive asked in person. When i bought the car the MAF was unplugged. It Seemed to run fine. when i got home i plugged it in and it instantly killed the car. Tried it again, same thing. After that i figured, ok its a bad MAF sensor. Went to autozone. Bought a brand new sensor($100) . Plugged it in,,,,, same result. The car hesitates quite a bit and lacks power. Also running extremely rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery before plugging up the sensor? If not maybe try unhooking the negative battery cable for 30min or so. Sometimes that helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It did not work. Cycles it a couple times with no success. Anyone have any ideas?? It is causing a very noticeable lack in accelleration and a very rich mixture wich is killing my mpg. (Like 12-14mpg.) A hundred somthing miles to the tank!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and another thing. I think that when the previous owner did the motor swap they failed to update the pcm. Im pretty sure its trying to run a 2010 motor off a 2006 computer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do i find out what pcm is in there? how and where do i get a new one? And doesnt it effect the chipped key?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I wonder if this one will work:

1. Disconnect the battery and wait for an hour or two.

2. Disconnect the sensor that you plugged in.

3. Connect the battery.

Then start the car without the sensor. You said it was running fine without it before so it might be a temporary solution.

EDIT: Sorry, I unintentionally skipped this part.

But the car will not run with it plugged in..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts