Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to do this for a long time. I got the Wagner single exhaust from another member a few months back, and have just been taking my time figuring out what mufflers are going to fit. I've pretty much decided to go with magnaflow mufflers. I'll be using a 5"x8" 14" long offset inlet, center outlet stainless steel muffler at the back, and either a 4 or 6 inch round by 14" long resonator up front.

It turned out that my brother had ordered the exact muffler I was planning on using for his truck, so I decided a test fit was in order.

Turns out that the flange on the piping is not the right size, at least for the v-6. Even though I was told it was made for a v-6 car. No big deal, I can get a new flange and weld that on. In any case, I'm really excited about this mod, and hopefully I can pull it all together in the next few weeks, now that I know everything is going to fit up nice.

I've attached a quick pic, you can see the y-pipe hanging at the flexpipes because the flanges didn't match. Also note that the muffler will sit further back, behind the tow hook. I'm currently looking for a nice subtle 2.5inch tip to throw on there.

Anyways, here's a pic, more to come when it's finished!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ok, Definately looks better than I thought, but only because you have non-sport bumpers :p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yuck yuck yuck.... ok i will go back to the 2.3 board now

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have had the wagner single exhaust since last september. the flange was the right size for mine.. i just had to remove the welds on the stock flange to get it off so i could fit on the new exhaust. the fitment was a little tight and the muffler tip came out off-center, but i found solutions to fix that. only complaint i have about it now is that where the bend is, where it would normally split into two. it hangs pretty low, i've scraped it a couple times :/

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My muffler centered up pretty much perfectly, although I suppose that could change when it is actually hanging on it's own. I also noticed that it hangs a little low by the axle, and I'll see what I can do with the hanger in that area to get it up a little more. I'm kind of annoyed with it being the wrong flange, but what am I gonna do. Just gotta suck it up and replace it with the correct one. Looked like I was going to have to beat one of the heatshields in a little bit to keep the pipe from rattling against it as well. In any case, I think I'll order up the mufflers this week, then hopefully in a few weeks time I can have it all installed and pix up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
DaveRulz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing