Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please visit my website @ http://users.adelphia.net/~simpleman/index.html and check out the new photos of todays 2.5" exhaust conversion on the 2.3L engine. Air intake should be fabricated and installed within two weeks. Very Inexpensive conversion with immediate results, full potential will be reached after one weeks time, when the O2 sensor realizes what I've done :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: Check out my 2.5

Maybe its just me but the Florida plate really takes from the car. Do they have any plain bg plates?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Check out my 2.5

Hey is it legal to have that FOP badge covering your plate? I *know* you'd get pulled over for somthing like that in Jersey...FOP or not...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'Check out my 2.5'

Technically yes.. It's Illegal, as well as the tint, but in the broad spectrum of things down here... Thats the last thing cops are worried about.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replying to Topic 'C

Originally posted by kyler13

Yeah...I just noticed that tint. What is that?  5%?[/b]
Yes, Or commonly referred to as Limo.... South FLorida if pretty much "do whatever you want" but be ready to pay "if" you piss off the POlice..... It's all in who you associate with and how you drive it... ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replying to Topic 'C

Originally posted by Gecko_2k2

Maybe its just me but the Florida plate really takes from the car. Do they have any plain bg plates?[/b]
Excuse me for asking, but what is "BG" plate?:sarc Florida has has over 40+ different plates, IF your willing to pay for them....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by jackalvt

How does it sound?[/b]
Nearly as quite as stock at idle, but you notice a "little" more sound at the top end of the RPM band.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by Blackbird

Sweet! But does it do any good? :)[/b]
I felt immediate results with low end response. And he wasnt kiddin, the more I drive the car, it's actually adjusting to the new flow... You can feel the difference in the response of the 2.3L. For $150 upgrade... Well worth the $. Intake is next.... He's working on that for me right now..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Reading Topic: 2.5

I think there are to less exhast sound in the 2,3 liter. Beyond 3000 rpm u can't hear anything. But maybe u have to change to entire system to make it sound better?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replying to Topic '2.5

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up for me.... It's the Standard issue plate.. I havent really looked into the specialty tags yet... No one ever told me the orange was ugly :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Replying to Topic '2.5

Originally posted by Simple_Man

Originally posted by Blackbird

Sweet! But does it do any good? :)[/b]
I felt immediate results with low end response. And he wasnt kiddin, the more I drive the car, it's actually adjusting to the new flow... You can feel the difference in the response of the 2.3L. For $150 upgrade... Well worth the $. Intake is next.... He's working on that for me right now.. [/b][/quote]

auuu. thank you. I now have enough confidence to venture into the same mods. nicely done.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replying to Topic '2.5

Thats what it's all about, sharing our adventures. What works and what doesnt. :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Reading Topic: 2.5

Very nice car. I really like the way it looks with the tint. Any chance of some pics of the underside to see what's different with your exaust other than the chrome tips?

I have a silver 6s that all I've done so far is replace the milk mustache with the sport grille. I was hesitant to order the grille at first because I didn't know what the silver would look like with it, but now that it's installed I think it looks really good. Also, I think it was this site that someone posted their receipt for the grille with a price of $166 vs $200, which came in very handy when dealing with my dealers parts department. So I'd like to thank whoever that was for that.

Joe

Edit: I just found the sport grille at http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1285 for $156 + $7 shipping (to VA) painted.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic '2.5

Thanks! That looks pretty simple to do, do you mind me asking how much it cost and where you had it done?

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts