Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 mazda 6 that is go I'll ng through about a quart every 150 to 200 miles I have done lots of research I am finding everyone is saying it's common for pcv to cause this well as those know that are familiar with the 2.3 it's not easy to get to. I have put 2 different PCV's on this thing(1 from rock auto, 1 from oriellys) still no change. What else should I check or does it matter the brand of pcv that is being put on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Every post I have read has suggestions and unanswered questions... I really dont want to get a replacement engine or rebuild this one when it is something much easier and cheaper... PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE HAD SAME ISSUE OR FAMILIAR WITH IT!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's not the PCV then. Sounds like the valve cover and spark plug well gaskets need to be changed. Is any oil dripping on the driveway, or is it all just burning up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont see any leaking just lots of oil in intake when I open the throttle body up and getting black soot on back of car in between washes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I start the car and let it idle I can see black dots(oil) splattering into snow when there was snow on ground..

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah, then I'd say all you can do is change the gaskets I mentioned and definitely use a high mileage oil if you aren't already. Others here might have different ideas but that's what I can think of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts