Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the mazda 6, 2.3 has the same internals as the mazda speed 6. also if they dont have the same internals what is the safe boost level on a stock mazda speed 6 turbo kit with a regular mazda 6 motor?

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
there different internals. and your safest boost level is dependant on the tune, turbo and so on. 1 car is gonna be totally different then the next.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
its stated that it would be a stock mazda speed 6 turbo kit. so what kind of boost can i run with a non mazda speed 6 2.3l
the tune doesnt do anything about what the internals can stand up to pressure wise.

·
Registered
561 Posts
its stated that it would be a stock mazda speed 6 turbo kit. so what kind of boost can i run with a non mazda speed 6 2.3l
the tune doesnt do anything about what the internals can stand up to pressure wise.
The stock motor most say it should safely run 8PSI, but some might be able to go more or less (each motor is different).

As for the tune, the tune has a WHOLE lot to do with what your engine can take pressure wise. If you do not adjust the timing correctly to the amount of boost you are running, your motor will fail. You might want to do some research into tuning before jumping into a turbo build, knowledge will save your ass during the build.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have my tuner worry about the tuning. im not worried about it. just wanted to know what the internals could take. not what timing to set the motor at for proper boost. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
if your just using the stock mazdaspeed turbo set up. the stock wastegate on that turbo will be fine if your tune is halfway decent. its a small turbo, and even the 2.3 n/a is a stout motor. there's members that have been boosted over a year still on the stock ecu even. but def not a good idea to try. lol

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he worries about the tune not the hardware. lol. why would you come in here with that? guess my tuner should be buying my parts for me....

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
perhaps there was sarcasm that wasn't conveyed...

someone offered an answer as well as some additional help and you said "thanks but that's not what i asked" (read, go fuck yourself, i'm not an idiot) i have a tuner that deals with my stuff.

no one wants to answer anything else cause unless it's perfect you might criticize how they are trying to HELP you.

...keep in mind just about anything & everything you could want to know is posted/asked already. so searching, in particular in the stickies at the time of any section, will be very beneficial and save much time for people.

no one knows you, your level of experience or your sense of humor (or lack of in some cases unfortunately) when your knew. plan on some people seeming like dicks when really they are being blunt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the only problem i had was that people were giving me answers about tuning instead of answering my questions. more circling the point trying to look more intuitive rather then actually helping me.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
read post 4 again perhaps? he starts with the EXACT answer you were looking for, no? he then ADDS input, which you shoot down.

it's done, no point in going back and fourth, just letting you know where potential attitude comes from.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in all fairness this didnt start on post 4. i just joined this forum and the first thing i got was the run around. i`ll just assume this was bad luck and start again. im not here to be an ass, im here to contribute.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
in most cases, the easiest place to start is by searching and checking stickies. no matter new or old member, if someone posts a question that has been answered many times over or is posted in a sticky....they get razzed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts