Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks. Today was my 1st official day with my ‘04 Mazda 6s Squall Blue Wagon, with about 137,700 miles on the odo. After replacing a blown engine with a 6 month/6,000 warranted LKQ engine with 107,000 miles, I took an 85 mile trip over hill and dale, It was great learning the +s and -s of the Tiptronic tranny. This vehicle adds a competitor to my ‘17 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. After zipping around in the Wagon this afternoon, the Honda seems so vanilla in comparison. The Hybrid has taken me and my wife on some long trips, including to Quebec City and Delray Beach, FLA. Great road vehicle, very comfortable, plenty of safety features and a 360 watt Bose sound system. But the Wagon is swell and looks sharp rollin’ down the road. I won’t be doing any mods, as that’s not my thing. I just bought The Last Coat “Weekend Warrior” 3-pack to clean and shine the finish. I’ve used a lot of Griot’s Garage products in the past with good results but I thought I’d treat myself to something spiffy. Fodos to come at a future date.

·
Super Moderator
17,661 Posts
Congrats on getting it up and running!

Welcome to the enjoyment that Mazda gives all of us - it's intoxicating isn't it?

I used to use Griots but, once they started selling at places like Wal-Mart, it seemed like their quality went down. I'm now exclusively using Chemical Guy's Products.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
75 Posts
Welcome to the fold. I've never met anybody who got introduced to a Mazda and wasn't immediately impressed by something. Even my mother (who cannot drive and knows nothing about cars) commented that the seats in my car were very very comfortable. That's a fact that I can attest to, as I used to make frequent 350 mile runs each week and never once stopped to stretch my legs (or anything else). I was initially impressed with the Bose stereo (how many watts do these things have, anyway?!?), but after I took it for the test drive, the firm suspension and the nicely weighted steering had me sold. Later, the built-like a vault qualities (when compared to my wife's Camry) had my attention. Then even later, as I started doing those 350-mile runs, the 32-34 mpg I got at 75 mph was the thing I respected the most. I recently took three young friends of mine car-shopping and they decided to test drive the CX30 and CX5. Two of them are converted and plan to buy one of each within a few weeks. The third young lady had already bought her CX5 a few days prior!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts