Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I was out at my local 1/8th mile drag strip last night, I have a 03 6s mtx and decided to see what times i could run. I did about a total of 6 runs, my best was a 10.559 against a guttted integra running a stock b20(i won, he red lighted and did a 10.824). Does that time sound about right or should it be a little better than that?

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
What was your trap speed, do you remember? Depending on trap, it sounds like a mid-high 15 second 1/4 mile but more info would help.
I googled some different sites and saw times all over the place. I saw the same 16.2 1/4 mile for the 5 speed auto and manual which just shows how varying conditions can affect times. Car and Driver posted a 15.3 1/4 for the manual which sounds closer to right.

EDIT: Ok I was bored so I checked a 1/4 mile calculator and it seems your time is actually closer to a low 16 second 1/4 mile which seems high for a 5 speed V6 model.

FYI, aside from the online calculators you can always take your 1/8 mile time and multiply it by 1.55 which is usually a decent ballpark figure.

Jeremy

·
Registered
293 Posts
What's up guys, I was out at my local 1/8th mile drag strip last night, I have a 03 6s mtx and decided to see what times i could run. I did about a total of 6 runs, my best was a 10.559 against a guttted integra running a stock b20(i won, he red lighted and did a 10.824). Does that time sound about right or should it be a little better than that?

Thanks
I misread that the first time. I though you were running 10s in a 1/4

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was your trap speed, do you remember? Depending on trap, it sounds like a mid-high 15 second 1/4 mile but more info would help.
I googled some different sites and saw times all over the place. I saw the same 16.2 1/4 mile for the 5 speed auto and manual which just shows how varying conditions can affect times. Car and Driver posted a 15.3 1/4 for the manual which sounds closer to right.

EDIT: Ok I was bored so I checked a 1/4 mile calculator and it seems your time is actually closer to a low 16 second 1/4 mile which seems high for a 5 speed V6 model.

FYI, aside from the online calculators you can always take your 1/8 mile time and multiply it by 1.55 which is usually a decent ballpark figure.

Jeremy
trap was a 68.219. i thought it might be a little high.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a mid 15 potential, maybe a bit better depending on...everything lol. Launch, weather and track conditions, etc...still quick enough to be fun IMO. As the adage goes, it can be more fun to drive a slower car fast then a faster car slow, or something like that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, sounds like a mid 15 potential, maybe a bit better depending on...everything lol. Launch, weather and track conditions, etc...still quick enough to be fun IMO. As the adage goes, it can be more fun to drive a slower car fast then a faster car slow, or something like that.
My launches were ok, reaction time wasn't the best, and the track I was on doesn't get prepped good buts thanks for the info 👍

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
730 Posts
My friend ran his 6s Atx with magnaflow cat-back and Aem Cai and ran around a high 14 on the 1/4 mi on pirelli p zero all seasons

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts