Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the wagon about a year and a half and realized recently I've never actually figured out what kind of gas mileage I'm getting. So I did my calculations on the last tank and I'm getting an even 19 mpg overall, with a mix of in-town and highway driving. Never in bumper to bumper traffic or under heavy load. What are others getting?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
22+ with hard driving. When i first got the 6, drove to ATL for training, on the way back averaging 80-85mph, i got 27, 28 and then 29 out of each tank. In my 3, ive seen over 35 on the highway, but i drive a max of 50 miles on the highway at any time, usually in town and very spirited, im happy with 26-30.
Interesting. I wonder if the lighter weight of the hatch compared to the wagon makes a big difference.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On this last tank, mileage rose slightly to 20 mpg. I had done a little more highway driving on this one.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you realize we CAN drive with the parking brake on? Mine even managed to do it by itself in idle one day! Waiting for a light, off the service brake but parking brake on and it rolled on a slight downward incline into the car in front!
That sucks!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting update: My most recent tank was almost all highway (70-80 mph for the most part) and it came in at about 23 mpg.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m getting 14L/100km which it terrible on my 04 V6. Could this be due to winter driving and two wheels with tires in my trunk?
That could affect it some. Cars tend to idle a lot more in the winter, at least mine does because I start it early to defrost and warm up. But your mileage isn't unreasonable for mixed driving and short trips.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So I have a 05 6S man. w/ 290k and have owned since new. I currently drive 80 miles round trip with there being a mixture of freeway/highway/city (Northern VA). That being said, I’m getting between 25-26 mpg. I have had no motor work and still on original clutch. Only battle I’m waging is the emissions regarding the valve that controls tank fumes going to the intake.
Wow! That's incredible gas mileage. What body style?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Does anyone know if the V6 was tuned differently between body styles? The wagon is the heaviest of course, but it seems to get worse gas mileage even when accounting for the (slight IMO) added weight. I'm not sure why they would have tuned the wagon for less low-end power and even worse gas mileage deliberately, but car manufacturers do weird stuff.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I've got a 2007 Mazda 6 wagon Ive gotten up to 33mpg on the highway but generally it's about 26 > 30 mpg Hiway and 24 > 27 in the city. Might want to see if yours needs a tune-up.
Sorry dude, I've gotta call BS on that. New they were rated for 20 city/27 hwy. You're not getting 27 mpg city on a 13-year-old wagon with this V6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts