Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the wagon about a year and a half and realized recently I've never actually figured out what kind of gas mileage I'm getting. So I did my calculations on the last tank and I'm getting an even 19 mpg overall, with a mix of in-town and highway driving. Never in bumper to bumper traffic or under heavy load. What are others getting?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
22+ with hard driving. When i first got the 6, drove to ATL for training, on the way back averaging 80-85mph, i got 27, 28 and then 29 out of each tank. In my 3, ive seen over 35 on the highway, but i drive a max of 50 miles on the highway at any time, usually in town and very spirited, im happy with 26-30.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
22+ with hard driving. When i first got the 6, drove to ATL for training, on the way back averaging 80-85mph, i got 27, 28 and then 29 out of each tank. In my 3, ive seen over 35 on the highway, but i drive a max of 50 miles on the highway at any time, usually in town and very spirited, im happy with 26-30.
Interesting. I wonder if the lighter weight of the hatch compared to the wagon makes a big difference.

·
Rally Racer
1,979 Posts
I have had the car for 6 years and currently am at 182,000mi.
I drive 100% city these days and get about 15mpg
My best is just under 27mpg and that was flat and straight at around 100ft above sea level with the windows up, AC off, cruise control 72mph and ambient temp around 65 degrees farenheit. I was running 87octane.

·
Rally Racer
1,979 Posts
Holy shit dude, 15?? I couldnt see that if i were going WOT in all gears all the time.
For real. Now if I take just one trip on the highway, say 20-30 miles that number is almost always no less than 17-18mpg, and in fact I try and do this at least every other week (time permitting) for carbon alone. At 100% driving less then 40mph (all city) 15's is where it is.
I fill at no less than half a tank (earthquake country) and get around 150miles to 9.2-10.0 gallons :sigh: I could get those numbers from a Chevrolet LT4 Z06.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine has been parked for a while now but I used to get around 8.5 l/100 km (27.7 mpg) on a 65% highway 35% city ratio. And I'd give it a couple WOT runs every week. 87 Octane gas.

·
Registered
461 Posts
For real. Now if I take just one trip on the highway, say 20-30 miles that number is almost always no less than 17-18mpg, and in fact I try and do this at least every other week (time permitting) for carbon alone. At 100% driving less then 40mph (all city) 15's is where it is.
I fill at no less than half a tank (earthquake country) and get around 150miles to 9.2-10.0 gallons :sigh: I could get those numbers from a Chevrolet LT4 Z06.
Stop driving with the parking brake on ! 😄

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On this last tank, mileage rose slightly to 20 mpg. I had done a little more highway driving on this one.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you realize we CAN drive with the parking brake on? Mine even managed to do it by itself in idle one day! Waiting for a light, off the service brake but parking brake on and it rolled on a slight downward incline into the car in front!
That sucks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
18-19 mpg. Nearly all city. Its dropped to 16-17 because recently it really is only being driven 1-2 miles from home to work, gets cold, then 1-2 mi from work to home. Barely gets warm.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My friend's 2007, V6 Auto was getting horrible MPG, like 11MPG back in the day. He drove the living shit out of it. In the winter we saw it go down to 9 MPG... so horrendous. I don't ever recall him getting more than like 15 or 16 MPG per tank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts