Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my gears are starting to get notchy and i've noticed others have said the same, any more info on this?

Also, when putting it into 1st gear from a stop, its like putting an automatic into drive, the car actually moves when i do this with the clutch fully pushed in. It just kind of jumps an inch or so it feels like and stops and settles. Is this normal or what? I might be tripping but i've noticed it recently, i've had the car for almost 2 months and I never noticed it the first month.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I dont think that is normal. I had a Tacoma that did the same thing but in reverse instead of first. Toyota ended up changing the transmission in my truck under warranty. Just curious, How many miles are on your truck?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think that is normal. I had a Tacoma that did the same thing but in reverse instead of first. Toyota ended up changing the transmission in my truck under warranty. Just curious, How many miles are on your truck?
[/b]
truck? mazdaspeed 6 :p

2500 about.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have you tried to engage other gears from a stop yet?
This is starting to sound like a pressure plate/throw out bearing/clutch slave cylinder issue. Sounds like the TO bearing is not pushing the pressure plate in enough to totally disengage the clutch from the flywheel. Could be many other things, but that is the first one that comes to mind. It may be something as simple as air in the clutch hydraulic line. Worth taking it to the dealer.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
267 Posts
truck? mazdaspeed 6 :p

2500 about.
[/b]
My bad, LOL. My daugter was talking to me when i was typing that post. Anyways, with 2500 miles, I would definitely take the car in and get them to look at it. Sometimes little things like that can turn into something big down the road. Like say, after the warranty is up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've got the 2nd gear "crunch" and I've experienced the 1st gear "clunk" where the car jolts just a bit like it's slightly engaged even though the clutch is in. Took it to the dealer with the 2nd gear issue on the list, which of course they said they couldn't notice anything wrong. Eventually, with enough people complaining perhaps Mazda will listen.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sounds like something i experience in my reg6.

after i installed my short throw (actually, during the install) i noticed the the shift cable comes up ever so slightly, which makes me :irate:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've got the 2nd gear "crunch" and I've experienced the 1st gear "clunk" where the car jolts just a bit like it's slightly engaged even though the clutch is in. Took it to the dealer with the 2nd gear issue on the list, which of course they said they couldn't notice anything wrong. Eventually, with enough people complaining perhaps Mazda will listen.
[/b]
Eventually you will not be able to hold 2nd gear.
Thats what happened to me...they decided to replace the transmission and shift cables.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You are not alone with this problem. I think there is a post or two where this was mentioned. I remember posting the exact same observation on one of them. The 1st gear doesn't happen all the time it just comes and goes. 15k miles on mine. Second gear going in with a little crunch on hard starts 4-5K 1st-2nd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts